Cure Wanted for....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
johnoddy

Cure Wanted for....

Post by johnoddy »

MANFLU....
First I got snowed-in now it's manflu, anybody would think the wife arranged all this whilst she's in the UK.

I've tried the honey, lemon and scotch and after tasting the first one deleted the honey and lemon.....result; slightly unstable on the old pins.
Nightnurse....tasted awful, even when I added scotch......result; bin!
Paracetamol...washed down with scotch, tasted better so kept with the scotch...result; missed the wife's phone call and in the doghouse, s#it happens.

Any suggestions?
panoscouse

Re: Cure Wanted for....

Post by panoscouse »

Make sure you take the whisky with you to the dog house.
It can get rather cold in there.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Get a free flu jab once a year.
Jim.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:09 pm Isn't "Snip" supposed to be good ? I have never tried it but heard quite a few people were pleased with it.

NB: Please dont get it confused with "the snip" ;)
Snips work quite well...

I find vast amounts of vino collapso economico works best for real Man Flu tho... ;) ;)
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Locals drink sage tea from wild sage one can find in places around Paphos certainly around Phiti,
with a lot of honey... brew at least 10 min
Max
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Oh you poor thing, you. How miserable. No wife to pander to your needs, proffer sympathy and tissues, hot drinks on tap, soothe your aching brow, etc etc.

See - we wives ARE useful for more than just spending OH's hard-earned cash on handbags and shoes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you've got man flu (as opposed to genuine, can't get out of bed even for €50 flu), then best stay warm, drink plenty of hot drinks and eat (healthy food!) when you feel like it. Painkillers to alleviate the symptoms - but be wary of overdosing on paracetamol which is often found in cold & flu remedies too.

Try again with honey and lemon - try a small dollop of honey in hot water, without the lemon. Next drink, try a slice of lemon in hot water. Alternate between these two. Citrus is very good for you, and honey has some amazing restorative effects. Give up alcohol while you're feeling so rough - you don't need any alcohol-induced injuries to add to your woes. :shock: :roll: :lol:

And if you've got a very runny nose and are working your way through your umpteenth pack of tissues, try rubbing a little moisturiser on the outside of your nostrils to soothe the soreness ...
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

:lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 6951 times
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Recommended to me by a Cypriot was Zirvania. Rub it on your chest he said & it cures everything. Not something I am recommending personally you understand but the whiskey diet sounds promising ;)
angieb

Post by angieb »

They do make specific products for Man flu now, so it must be a real thing....

http://www.manflu.com
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

Thank you all for being so very,very kind.......back to the Scotch it is then.
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

Sorry don't know any remedies for man flu but Apple pie is in the oven if that will make you feel better. Mrs Cradley Heath.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, amazingly rubbing Vick on the soles of your feet at bedtime and covering with socks, does work miracles. I thought that it was an old wives tale until I tried it! You can also rub vick on your chest and by your nostrils. Drink lots of warm or hot fluids, not just alchohol..
Keep warm and stay in bed until you feel better!

Dee
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

A hot toddy,
Whisky
Porridge oats
Honey

Heated, not boiled, drink warm.
May not cure man flue, but you will feel a heck of a lot better.
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

Lifesabeach wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:16 pm Not MANFLU! Poor you.

Try zivania, hot water and a spoonful of olive oil.

NOOOOO - STOP- don't drink it! Put it all in a basin and soak your feet in it. It's the Cypriot version of Kili01's cure. Works a treat.

Actually.....it didn't taste too bad
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

kdwoodie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 pm Sorry don't know any remedies for man flu but Apple pie is in the oven if that will make you feel better. Mrs Cradley Heath.

Now that has made me feel better!
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

I always used to find whilst going for a very brisk yomp in the morning - up hill and down Dale near Anarita that if I 'met' a large snake - of whatever ilk - my ills were completely and utterly cured. :-)

Maggie B

Fear . . . . . . . . .real fear makes everything feel OK.

I know, irrational. :-(
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Maggie B you don't pussy foot around so suspect the snake could have been even more scared :lol:
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

Vicks - rubbed on your chest. A dessert spoonful of Vicks in a Pyrex bowl with boiled water. Put a towel over your head, and inhale the vapour.

Haven't ever tried the 'Vicks on the sole of your feet', but have heard it works. Who'd have known?

I've also heard that a pair of tights tied (loosely!) around your neck helps....... strange one this. Who on earth even thought of trying to do this in the first place?!! It conjures up some very odd pictures! :-)
David

Post by David »

What's this,...what's this? You, Sir John of Oddy, appear to covet my wife's pert pastry and moist apples. I will have satisfaction, (I don't get to say that very often), I challenge you Sir, Manflu not withstanding, to a duel ; Place Pantelis, Skoulli., the pm of the morrow (Paul's Birthday).My weapon of choice... Zirvania!

Scotch and coke really, can I get a lift home?
Alfisti 'till death us do part.
kdwoodie

Post by kdwoodie »

I suppose that means I'm driving.