Jet2

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
chris_larnaca

Jet2

Post by chris_larnaca »

Anyone flown on Jet2 from Stansted to Larnaca, or Paphos?

What was your experience?

My brother is planning to book up on Jet2 for a holiday in Paphos later in the year.

Chris
The greatest adventure you can have is to live the life of your dreams.
Poppy

Re: Jet2

Post by Poppy »

I have flown Jet2 from Paphos to Leeds/Bradford and then back here from Newcastle. In my opinion they are by far the best - much more seat room, seat belts are big enough for the larger person without needing to ask for an extension, snack food excellent - really could not fault them. Certainly the carrier of choice for us!
J B

Post by J B »

Someone asked me recently about an airline and my reply was (sorry) that they all provide a 'tin tube' with seats in that gets you to your destination! ;) :lol:

Our preference is always Easyjet, maybe because we understand how they 'work' and how we can get the best out of them.

We came home with J2 last time as the flight was slightly cheaper and the timing much better.
A friend remarked that he didn't like J2 because as a frequent traveller he has his routine which is - Rucksack into 'overhead', glasses and iPad into seat-back pocket and away to go.
Sadly, though, with J2, he can't get his glasses in the seat-back pocket as it is not flexible.
A small detail but one which bothered him.

Also, J2 have a 10kg hand luggage weight limit * whereas EJ have no weight limit.

* = Although there may be a limit, if you are going from PFO with hand-luggage only, I have never seen any facility for weighing the hand-luggage! :P
J B
smudger

Post by smudger »

I fly to and from Uk with my granddaughter 3 times a year and if I could fly J2 each time I would be a happy bunny. More often than not we have to fly Ryanair, but depending where exactly we go each trip we often fly EasyJet or J2. J2 still comes out on top.

If your friend has problems fitting his glasses in the J2 pocket he would really struggle with Ryanair - there isn't one!
ast

Post by ast »

Flown all the usual airlines to and from Paphos and they are pretty much the same in my opinion (Jet 2 on both Manchester and Leeds routes), other than BA on this route i think they are all cheap and cheerful nowadays.
Jet 2 has to have one of the oldest fleets though, or have they updated recently.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

We usually fly Easyjet but I flew with Jet2 once last summer & certainly wouldn't wish to do so again. I found the seats most uncomfortable & there wasn't anywhere to store a book or glasses. I was at the front of the plane & the cabin crew spent more time chatting amongst themselves than looking after the passengers. We were also 30mins late leaving Paphos & 20 mins late leaving Manchester. Easyjet have a really good timekeeping record.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Can only say it as it has been for me. Have said several times to friends that J2 crew are the hardest working I've seen! No real probs with EJ or Ryanair, much of a muchness I feel .

Have no real probs either with any of these airlines - and flown with them all several times over the last 4 years - but sometimes really wish we were flying long haul on BA or Virgin!!

C'est la vie!
chris_larnaca

Post by chris_larnaca »

Thanks to everyone who responded; a case of you get what you pay for, but even BA has downsized it's in flight service :(

Chris
The greatest adventure you can have is to live the life of your dreams.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Did you know that if you fly BA long haul Business Class & wish to reserve seats it will cost you from £55 per person for each leg of the journey. I think that's outrageous!
Macattack

Post by Macattack »

We have flown a few times to Spain with Norwegian Air. Cheap flights, plenty room and Free WiFi!! Wouldn't fly with any others unless necessary. They fly to Larnaca.
cypruswannabee

Post by cypruswannabee »

We have used Jet2 many times to both Larnaca and Paphos, excellent service with plenty of legroom, ok yes their fleet is a bit long in the tooth (although we believe they have new aircraft on order from Boeing) :D Have flown flight only and also on a package deal, great flights. Now they are flying from Birmingham too, we have another option. Recently flew with Thomson airways to Paphos, what a disappointment, squashed in like a herd of cattle! :cry: