What do you miss?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ApusApus

Re: What do you miss?

Post by ApusApus »

My Wife & I miss nothing! We went back twice last year for 2 family weddings, both on tight 5 day trips ............. so glad when we were on the plane coming back :D

Shane
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Keith wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:51 pm Not there yet but not long to go and there is only one thing I will miss and that's a real good Indian restaurant.
Spoilt for choice over here but I know that I prefer to be over there than here any day.
We have tried practically everyone we have seen in the Paphos / Coral Bay Area and the best is actually a takeaway that charges ridiculous prices.
Everytime a new one crops up over there we give it a go but no joy.
We go to the Indian restaurant once a week over in the U.K. (I just love the flavours)
No way I would forfeit living the dream for it though so I will just have to make my own.

Keith
The best Indian Restaurant I have been to here is Curry House at the top of Bar Street. It's the only one I have visited here on a par with the UK's best.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... trict.html

Pete
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Watercress !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Fresh Whelks
smudger

Post by smudger »

Central heating!!!!! Oh, and online shopping!
Kancol

Post by Kancol »

Far too many things to mention for me, as beautiful as Cyprus is I am sorry but I feel it does not match the beauty and greenery of the English countryside and choice of things to do. Been here 7 years living and before the move we done 5 years with approx 6 holidays a year in our holiday home so have had plenty of experience here.
Have come to realise that Cyprus is a fantastic place to live if you do not need to work and you have a good supply of finances to live from, having to work here is not for me anymore I am sick of giving 110% for very little reward and still need to work for at least another 8 to 10 years it certainly will not be here. I will always love this country but for me within the next year I really need to sort out about going home, as I said before there are too many things drawing me back mainly family related and they are very personal reason to me and that is something that will always take priority over living in the sun. I only wish my Hubby felt the same because he loves it here lol !!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Of course Cyprus is not as green as the UK, it is very hot here in the middle of Summer. But you would have known these things before moving here.

It is also well known that if you need to work here for a living then times may be tough. There are no benefits at least not like the UK if you have no work..

As you say it is fine for those who have an income provide by a UK pension as long as it is enough to manage on.

Good luck on your return to 'Home' if that is what you both decide.

Trev..
Trev..