Cytavision

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tonee

Re: Cytavision

Post by tonee »

Hi,
I have Cytavision,7 euro a month,offer for 2 years,good discovery channel and films.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:38 am Very strangely... the VPN we use works OK on my laptop but not on my wife's new one ??? And it is the same account
Local Internet connection settings vary from your laptop to wifeys methinks, Trev? As yours works, then you should be able to make hers a 100% match, possibly.

Unless your VPN account only allows one device from your real IP address? Meaning you might have to pay a bit more to add Hilary's laptop to it?

AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

No the VPN account allows 5 units at one time.. We now have two laptops that are OK in getting iPlayers and one that isn't... The one difference is the odd one ha McAfee on it. I have suggested turning it off and trying again..
Trev..
Mark

Post by Mark »

tonee wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm Hi,
I have Cytavision,7 euro a month,offer for 2 years,good discovery channel and films.
Sounds great Tonee, where and how did you get this offer?
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:49 pm No the VPN account allows 5 units at one time.. We now have two laptops that are OK in getting iPlayers and one that isn't... The one difference is the odd one ha McAfee on it. I have suggested turning it off and trying again..
I bet you are right. When I got my new laptop I found the installed McAfee tried to interfere with a few things. As I am not a fan of the bloated McAfee I uninstalled it immediately.

Pete
JimX

Post by JimX »

[quote=jeba post_id=47981 time=1515914244 user_id=486]
Can't you Brits simply watch TV via the respective websites of your favourite broadcasters? That's what I do with German programs I want to watch.
[/quote]

Indeed you can, in fact, I set up with the help of a family member just about all TV shows, films news sites, BBC all of there programming also all independent TV companies, with a free VPN (Tunnel Bear) PC work just as say a "Clearstream Android unit", only thing is you need to look for what you want to watch, take a look at "Watch series", super website for US and the latest UK serials too.

http://dwatchseries.to/

We are fortunate both my MAGs are working as normal, but it is good to have an alternative if ever needed.

Jim.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I must admit that in light of the recent issues, I am a bit surprised reading all of the recent threads as to how many people are happy to freely name their subscription companies, post the names and detail of new ones and to name their VPN providers. If someone was wanting to crack down on illegal streaming in Cyprus, a quick view of the local expat forums would given them all they need! Perhaps recommendations by pm would be a better way to go.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Lofos-Jan wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 am I must admit that in light of the recent issues, I am a bit surprised reading all of the recent threads as to how many people are happy to freely name their subscription companies, post the names and detail of new ones and to name their VPN providers. If someone was wanting to crack down on illegal streaming in Cyprus, a quick view of the local expat forums would given them all they need! Perhaps recommendations by pm would be a better way to go.

Jeanne
In theory what you say makes sense but in practice it makes no difference. The subscription companies have never been secret and rely on advertising to sell their product albeit illegally for many of them. There is nothing illegal about VPN companies and their activities which are designed to aid web anonymity and security. If you choose to use them for an illicit purpose that is for your conscience. Similarly Kodi is media access software which can be used to access media illegally via providers and it is these that are threatened with legal action, not Kodi.

Pete
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

How can you say it makes no difference? On what basis do you make that claim? Common sense should tell people not to advertise their illicit activities on a public forum.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 am How can you say it makes no difference? On what basis do you make that claim? Common sense should tell people not to advertise their illicit activities on a public forum.
Perhaps so but what I was trying to say, and obviously did not explain it clearly enough for you, is that discussing these particular activities on forums will make no difference to the outcomes of any crackdowns because everything being discussed is public knowledge anyway. Indeed the very suppliers that are currently being stopped actually advertise their products in newspapers, online, social media and as many other places as they can obtain revenue from.

So mentioning an already well-mentioned product will make no difference to the outcome.

Pete
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well, it does when the authorities are in the middle of a crackdown.
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 am Well, it does when the authorities are in the middle of a crackdown.
On what basis do you make that claim?

Pete
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Common sense!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The rest of that exchange can be found in the pit.

Now, can this thread return to the subject of Cytavision please?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If I did that new threads would just start.

With regards to the directory, that just is what it is. There's no point changing that. That information is already out there. What I won't however be doing is adding any new companies that have sprung up overnight.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
In answer to Marks question about Cytavision,they phoned me up with the offer.I pay direct debit and get the bill online.Had Cytavision many years ago and feel it has improved.
Mark

Post by Mark »

tonee wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm Hi
In answer to Marks question about Cytavision,they phoned me up with the offer.I pay direct debit and get the bill online.Had Cytavision many years ago and feel it has improved.
Thanks Tonee, very helpful, this deal is not available in the Cyta shop!

I hope to get a call.....
Mark

Post by Mark »

Happily watching Netflx(subscription) on my Apple TV box.

Cytavision may well compliment Netflix.