BoC

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

BoC

Post by Sadie »

Hi
Had anyone else just started to pay costs for statements & mailing costs at the BoC ?
Cheers
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
JimX

Re: BoC

Post by JimX »

Always charged us, since 2001.
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We changed from the BOC to Alpha due to the charges by BOC. NO Charges to us from Alpha.
All things are possible
Taff

Post by Taff »

BoC will soon charge customers to enter their banks - they seem to charge for everything else. In the UK I pay for my Sunday newspapers with my BoC card to avoid their "underused" charges!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I think BoC are trying to encourage their customers to use online banking, rather than over-the-counter services.

I got caught with a €15 charge for a new cheque book that the branch ordered for me - just to change from a joint account to a sole account, same account number. Mind, they didn't charge me for a cash withdrawal over the counter done at the same time. So, I consider it swings and roundabouts! :D
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

We've never paid before only just started charging for statements & Mail costs....I haven't received any statements as I do online banking...will check with them tomorrow
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:40 pm Hi Kay. Hope you're well. Hellenic have also hiked the charge for cheque books ordered from the branch (to over €13 I think). But if you order online it is about 40% less. I've just ordered two personal cheque books recently and it brought home just how little we use cheque books these days; both had provided service for 5 or more years.
Hi Lloyd
I'm coping, some days better than others, but as they say in La Belle France, c'est la vie. (Here it's more like etsi einai y zoe)
Yes, cheque books ordered on line are cheaper at BoC, but of course, as it was a change of account name that necessitated the new book, I couldn't order it online otherwise I'd have ended up with a joint one again! Talk about a Catch 22 situation ... :roll: And I needed the book in time to use tomorrow morning, to pay the gas man. Don't want to run out of central heating gas at this time of year! :D

Anyway, something we customers seem to forget - banks are a business and as such have to make a profit, not only to keep going, but also to keep their shareholders happy. With UK banking being free for so many years (so long as your account was in credit), I think we got spoiled.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Doesn't look like they need the money , rather they are awash in the stuff !
https://www.thedailybeast.com/massive-l ... ed-kushner
Josef Ackermann is the present Chairman .
Cheers Mike
J B

Post by J B »

Sadie wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:37 pm Had anyone else just started to pay costs for statements & mailing costs at the BoC ?
I just logged into my BoC on line account to check ... no statement or mailing costs.

We've been charged 3c defence charge (they used to send us a form to opt out, but they don't any more!) and have received 10c interest.

Our account is a "savings" account paying 0.02% interest :lol:
We have no cheque book and asked them to stop sending statements years ago (they then started sending them about 10 months ago, and the only way to stop them was to go to the bank and fill in a form :roll: )
J B
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Always charged us € 3 per month.
Louise :)
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Been to the bank, the 3€ charges are for statements and posting ...not received any, anyway I've gone paperless even though I didn't receive them hopefully no more 3€ charges per month....
Sounds petty I know but when you've three accounts it equates to 99€ per month ...better in my pocket than theirs!
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

When they charged me for the first time some years ago, I asked them to cancel sending statements which they did and the fees disappeared.

Pete
WHL

Post by WHL »

Sadie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:27 pm Been to the bank, the 3€ charges are for statements and posting ...not received any, anyway I've gone paperless even though I didn't receive them hopefully no more 3€ charges per month....
Sounds petty I know but when you've three accounts it equates to 99€ per month ...better in my pocket than theirs!
Dont you mean €9 per month?
grb

Post by grb »

They sent out details of changed Terms and Conditions round about this time last year. I noticed that they were going to charge for sending out statements from April, and that written confirmation was needed if you wanted to stop receiving these. I wrote a letter confirming I wanted to stop them and took it to the local branch, only to be told that I couldn't stop it until the first one had been sent out, and that I had to take with me. I was charged for sending it in April!
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

WHL wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:52 pm
Sadie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:27 pm Been to the bank, the 3€ charges are for statements and posting ...not received any, anyway I've gone paperless even though I didn't receive them hopefully no more 3€ charges per month....
Dont you mean €9 per month?
Oooopss yes ...maths was never my strong point .. :oops: