Local IPT, Sewerage, Rubbish, Water, Electricity and Other Charges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Robert

Local IPT, Sewerage, Rubbish, Water, Electricity and Other Charges

Post by Robert »

The IPT - Abolished? thread combined with an observation when I was last in Cyprus looking at property gave me the idea for this thread. I was personally amazed at the apparent differences in local authority charges. For example I remember Secret Valley having local IPT charges in the hundred's of Euro's while Tala was in the low ten's. To help people with the planning of moves, either to Cyprus for the first time or within Cyprus, please do share your local (and other) charges using the following format:
Region/Village: Example Kamares, Tala, Latchi
Prepared to share details: House/Townhouse/Apartment/etc, Yes/No pool, Number of bedrooms, Individual septic/communal sewer/etc ...
Local IPT Charge:
Sewerage Charge:
Rubbish Charge:
Water Charge:
Bi-monthly Electricity Charge:
Any Other Charges:
Robert

Re: Local IPT, Sewerage, Rubbish, Water, Electricity and Other Charges

Post by Robert »

I'm yet to move to Cyprus but I can at least share what I'm budgeting from the research done thus far:
Region/Village: Considering Argaka, Peyia, Tala or Kamares
Prepared to share details: Hoping for a 3 bed house with pool and I guess it will be septic
Local IPT Charge: Don't have specifics but budgeting for local IPT, rubbish and water to be less than or equal to EUR321. Hope this thread gives more detail.
Sewerage Charge: See above
Rubbish Charge: See above
Water Charge: See above
Bi-monthly Electricity Charge: Budgeting EUR206 per 2 months. If it's at this level or more will probably invest in solar.
Any Other Charges: Budgeting EUR400 for home insurance, EUR140 for water and EUR400 for gas/wood for heating.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

In your budget you also need to include :

Car Running Costs, ie fuel, MOT, servicing, road tax & insurance

Medical Insurance (unless you are State pension age)

Internet, TV & telephone costs

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Plus, some of the above will be dependent on the size of your property and your lifestyle. We have a pool, jacuzzi and are fond of the aircon in the summer. So our electricity bill was high. Getting solar panels was a simple decision for us. And heating is another issue. Some people like to be toasty, other people put on a jumper. But depending on your location, that will vary.

The good news is that, with the exception of electricity, the bills were a lot cheaper for us than the UK, especially the biggest one: Community Charge.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Just one correction Robert, local IPT is nothing to do with local 'council taxes' (for refuse collection and Communal fees) - so for this element, Tala is in fact second highest to Koukia. Tala is currently (for detached house with pool), €270/annum for Communal/refuse fees. Peyia is currently one of the lowest at €135/year and Paphos €150. Other Community Councils/Communal Boards/Municipalities are somewhere in between.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
darrow

Post by darrow »

We have property in lower Tala and are currently living in Tremithousa. Our Tala annual council tax is €230 for 2 bed town house and €7.50 standing charge every 2 months for water. Sewerage is a % of water used.Can't comment on local IPT since we have only recently got our deeds since they were abolished. I think the electric tarriff is the same whereever you live. Tremithousa, we have 3 bed detached bungalow, we pay €125 annually council tax and there was no local IPT charged. The water is €5.13 every 2 months standing charge and 85 cents a unit. No extra charge for sewerage.Much cheaper! We like it much better than Tala and we never liked Peyia but, each to their own! I think it varies so much because the local Mayor sets the fees. That may all change if Troika gets their way and all villages will come under the auspices of the main town. Probably everyones bills will go up! Interesting seeing the vast differences from one area to another though!
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

Kannaviou:

Annual Council Tax: €55
Refuse collection: €60

Our water charge for 2017: €29.20

On paying these (we are only required to pay every December) the Council gave us a Xmas gift of 3 bottles of wine from our rather excellent village winery!

Pete