Home wanted for dog!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Poppy

Home wanted for dog!

Post by Poppy »

I know this is a long shot but there is a beautiful hunting dog who appears to have been kicked out and is hanging around Peyia. She is timid but very friendly and will take food out of my hand and let me stroke her.
Every single animal charity that I know of is full to overflowing and none can take her.
We are leaving permanently in a few days.
Can anyone consider at least fostering her until one of the Charities have room?
A kennel in the garden would certainly be better than she has now
PhotoLady

Re: Home wanted for dog!

Post by PhotoLady »

If you're really, really stuck - and I mean really stuck.... you could always try Andrea Siddons from Cyprus Dog Rescue (a private Facebook group).
However, she is based right up on the east coast of the island but she will take in hunting dogs but I know for a fact she's just taken on at least 8 dogs that they've managed to rescue from a couple of dog pounds in order they weren't put to sleep.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Thanks Jules but I have tried so many and can do no more now - got the Removal men in tomorrow and I have spent all day just trying to help her instead of packing!!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

You have to sort out your own priorities first... Time is limited, don't feel bad about it. It sounds like you have done as much as you can for her...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Been advised that Sirius might take her for a donation and sponsorship. Well I understand that all these charities need money but I'm not a cash cow. I have sponsored many and helped financially all the years we have been here but cannot do it this time - just got enough money to last us the week and the rest is in the UK. This is one thing that perhaps stops others from helping these poor dogs.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Well she has not been around today since early morning so I just hope she has found somewhere to shelter. Have rang PAWS every day - there is a slight possibility tomorrow they say so just hope I can find her if there is a space.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

She is missing - someone has checked the pound for me and she is not there so unfortunately there is no more I can do !