A Bit Windy

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

A Bit Windy

Post by aphrodite »

That was a blustery one last night, I lost part of my fencing!

trevnhil

Re: A Bit Windy

Post by trevnhil »

It certainly was windy up here as well. I kept hearing a banging on the front door.!!!

I have now taken the holly wreath down :-)

Trev..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Very windy , but warm my lowest outside temperature was 14c last night .
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Wasn't too bad here: max gust was only 4.6 m/s at 03:50 and the max average was 2.1 m/s at 03:47. However, the min temp was 8.3°C at 07:21. However, it was 10.8°C at the time of the higher wind speed. The barometer was also min at around 03:50 at 1011.9 hPa, down from 1024 hPa 24 hours ago, quite a drop. It has risen a little since at 1013.4 hPa. IOW, a small depression passed during the night!
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

It was so windy up here in Fyti that my plastic chairs hid in the pool!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It was so windy here overnight that my heavy wooden bench was blown off the patio! My sunlounger just took a walk by itself some way down the patio!

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

This afternoon has been gustier than during the night, here. We've had 8.2 m/s about an hour ago, but the interesting thing is that it is now blowing in the NW quarter, whereas it was more Easterly up to 13:21, when it suddenly changed; the new winds are since the change. There were unstable blips on the temp and humidity curves at the same time but they have settled down again.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Didn't particularly notice the wind, but did notice a dollop of rain last evening - just as I was letting the cat go out to do what cats do in private before coming back in to sleep on his "comfy bed" for a minimum of 6 hours :D - it's very soporific, you know, just settling down in bed and the cat starts purring away on his comfy bed.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Night time temperatures predicted to drop to as low as 3C this weekend
David
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Uncle D wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:02 pm Night time temperatures predicted to drop to as low as 3C this weekend
And after reading this from the Cyprus Mail online, it sounds like all you need now is a plague of locusts ;)
“On Friday temperatures will drop to around 10C inland and 8C on Saturday. Coastal areas will be a couple of degrees warmer.”

On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday increased clouds, isolated showers, and snow in the mountains are expected, with the possibility of storms in the afternoon.

There will also be increased dust in the atmosphere.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Wallace

Post by Wallace »

Sun lounger fished from the pool this morning, and it was a very heavy one. Must have happened whilst I was asleep, didn't hear a thing!