Israel Trip

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
harveywinning

Israel Trip

Post by harveywinning »

Hi All

We have always thought we would like to go and we are seriously now considering visiting Israel next year. Now that Ryanair are doing flights from Paphos to Tel Aviv we will probably go with them as its convenient. We would prefer to have some sort of guided tour, probably a week or so, to take the stress out of going freelance - can anyone recommend a tour operator over there? Also where should we stay in Tel Aviv, before or after the tour, we like our creature comforts so it needs to be good and with a pool! We have looked on the internet but personal recommendations are always better. Are there any areas to avoid?
merchant_banker

Re: Israel Trip

Post by merchant_banker »

Its good to not Israel stamp your passport, it may cause you problems in the future.

We had a week in Israel and really enjoyed it.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tel Aviv is a modern place, personally I would base myself in Jerusalem for a few days, take in all the History, then finish off with a couple of days in Tel Aviv by the pool etc.
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

Agree with WHL.

There are several companies that do twin city breaks. First to Jerusalem for the historic tour, usually 2 days, then Tel Aviv for the nightlife etc.

The best place to start, as always, is Tripadvisor. Lots of personal recommendations on there. Also try the forum.

Then check out the travel sites for package tours with inclusive excursions.

Not sure what merchant banker is advising. Customs immigration do not stamp passports these days, they have computer systems. I think that is a hang up from the old colonial days!!
exodus

Post by exodus »

I would recommend the Arbel Suites Hotel. This aparto hotel is right in the middle of the main shopping area, and only 5 minutes walk from the beach. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. They have free WiFi. Very reasonable prices.
Amos.