2013 valuation of properties

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
gazzaga

2013 valuation of properties

Post by gazzaga »

The 2013 revaluations were a bad joke. Many properties are still taxed as fields or plots in the 2013 revaluation even if they have properties on them that have stood there for decades. It makes interesting reading and goes a long way to explaining why this country is bankrupt. Here's how to check:

Visit the home page of the Department of Lands and Surveys website.

Go to 'Interactive Maps' and you can zoom in and see exactly what is sitting on that plot and the 1980 and 2013 values.

My plot is 1% smaller than my neighbour's which has exactly the same build of house on it and my taxable value is 25% more then my neighbour's. My other neighbour has a plot 96% bigger, covered mostly by a house and has a taxable value 33% below mine.

Enjoy!
cloven

Re: 2013 valuation of properties

Post by cloven »

I agree with you regarding plot sizes on the Goverment's website.

I live in a row of nine houses, the two end terrace houses have visibly larger plots as shown on the actual plans, but the calculations shown in the plot details have all the uncovered sizes the same for all nine properties??

The same goes for the next row of houses

In fact, the given sizes for each plot isn't even as big as the front gardens.
Kato Paphos since 2008
gazzaga

Post by gazzaga »

Cloven, do you have deeds? Unless the deeds are issued the plans mean very little. When the plots are separated the Land Registry will measure each parcel and determine the size. You can probably find your combined plot on the interactive map
cloven

Post by cloven »

gazzaga, Hi

I do have the title deeds, however on the Goverment's interactive map it's confusing as to what individual plot sizes are, given that the terraced houses are much and such the same front and back, but the gable end houses which have bigger plots still show the the same as the terraced ones.
One way to sort it out, I'm off to see my solicitor on Monday to get him to translate my title deeds and explain.
Anyway thanks for your help and suggestions

All the Best

Don
Kato Paphos since 2008