Dash Cam

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PaphosAL

Dash Cam

Post by PaphosAL »

Watched an interesting program on ITV Catchup earlier that included amazing HD video footage of road accidents from dash cams in cars, vans, and trucks. Not to mention helmet cams from motorcycle and bicycle riders...

Do any of you good folk in Cyprus use these devices? If so, tell me more, please!

Thanks- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Jim B

Re: Dash Cam

Post by Jim B »

We have them fitted on our vehicles,

Jim
JimX

Post by JimX »

Have had dash-cams in both of our vehicles for several years, would not be without one and it has saved my insurance claim against us, one look at the replay and no arguments, for what they cost and easy to install (I always install them myself, that easy) they are worth every penny or cent in our case.

One problem living here is the heat through the windscreen, it can destroy many dash-cams, be warned if possible unclip and store in your glove box or cover them up with a shade of some kind.Now into our sixth camera.

I have tried the cheap sort €45 and the more expensive make, over a €100 both have failed, the two we are using now have got through this very hot Cyprus summer with no problems leaving them mounted, both purchased from Amazon DE..(Germany)
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes I too have a dash cam fitted to the car windscreen..
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Member Cliffy amo posted some lovely recordings from his motorbike rides in Cyprus (on his beautiful Harley of course). Simply search his posts.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think that was a 'head cam' he was wearing on his helmet. It does the same job though :-)
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

I know Trev but Al also asked for helmet cams.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The Helmet cam that Cliffy amo has certainly gave an entertaining video.. But of course as with all cameras, his also shows errors in driving / riding. I saw a right turn made once at a 'No Right Turn' junction :-)
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We had one from Lidl. It came with a three year warranty. Well after two and a half years it started to malfunction.Emailed the German company with the list of faults. They sent a prepaid form so we sent it back to them. Not repairable so they put a cheque into our Cyprus account. The heat destroyed it. We no longer have a dash cam.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I suppose the heat here could be a problem.. A few times I have found mine has come unstuck from the windscreen. Fortunately at home it is parked undercover.
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:11 pm I suppose the heat here could be a problem.. A few times I have found mine has come unstuck from the windscreen. Fortunately at home it is parked undercover.
Like you Trev we have covered cool parking. We used to remove it from the screen when parked in town etc. However the heat still did it's thing. ;)
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

These are the two cameras that have survived well this hot summer..good price too, metal bodies.sorry, the link will not post, no idea why.
Last edited by JimX on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

After seeing Car Crash Britain on TV, I also bought one from Amazon, great piece of kit, wouldn't be without it, indeed we witnessed an incident today which could have resulted in a nasty accident, luckily the driver managed to get his car under control.

Jackie
Last edited by Firefly on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Did you forget the link, Jim, or were you referring back to your earlier post, m8?

I like the sound of that metal body... Link please?

Cheers- AL :?
Last edited by PaphosAL on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone but not forgotten...
JimX

Post by JimX »

Al I did not forget anything M8, it should be in my last post, just click on the image, it works OK for me, but who knows.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... =dash+cams
Attachments
71qIBmS0usL._SY355_.jpg
71qIBmS0usL._SY355_.jpg (29.71 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
Jim.
LouiseCastricum

There is no link in your previous post (where you mention 2 cameras) Jim, neither an image !
JimX

Post by JimX »

Can you see the picture above on my last post? no idea what is going on with the link posting.

I have taken it off now, Louise, the metal body cameras are those above if you can see them. :roll: I bought both last year from Amazon DE but available now from Amazon UK. Good solid cameras and have so far survived this hot summer with no problems.
Jim.
Royal

Post by Royal »

I don't have a dash cam but often think about getting one.

Are they easy enough to remove when parked up to prevent overheating? After all, the whole idea is to use them whilst driving and most people would surely have thier AC on during the hottest times.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Click on the picture, and you will see the cam that allesley posted about.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innoo-Tech-170 ... =dash+cams
JimX

Post by JimX »

My name is Jim Memory Man, thank you.

Austin yes I do know, but for some odd reason this forum will not accept some of my links, have enough knowledge over the years via PhpBB forums, links to specific pages, but enough info was provided, even a picture, you could easily find it if you were interested, or PM for more details, simple as that.
Last edited by JimX on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.