Cheap nappies

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Anoula

Cheap nappies

Post by Anoula »

Nappies seem to be more expensive than the UK. Can anyone tell me the best place to buy them.
Aargent

Re: Cheap nappies

Post by Aargent »

As an aside :-

Nappies are like Politicians, both should be changed regularly - and for the same reason. :lol:
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think the op wasn't after the cheapest nappy brand, they were after the cheapest place to buy nappies in general.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In General the Smart shops are very cheap..
Trev..
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Lidl nappies seem very popular and so much cheaper. Worth trying out a packet I would have thought,

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Nappies are currently a topic here in Qatar too - since the embargo by the neighbouring countries started two months ago we are short of milk, yoghurts, juices, chicken, diet coke and .... nappies - must all previously have come from the only land border with Saudi or via the UAE it seems. Luckily my kids are beyond nappy age ;-)

Qatar was quick to airfreight replacement products in, mainly from Turkey and Iran, but we can now also buy milk from Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon and my latest discovery Ukraine... - the variety of tastes is quite staggering (but often better than the KSA version that I was used for the last 10 years...).

In the meantime the country has started to push even harder to become self-sufficient and independent from the neighbours, Jebel Ali free port will never be used again they say. 4000 cows will be airlifted in, so far 800 have arrived in two lots from Germany. Once they are here 30% of the country's dairy requirements will be covered.

This would suggest that for 3 Million inhabitents (300,000 Qataris and the rest foreigners...) 12,000 cows are sufficient - interesting but nothing to do with nappies sensu stricto...

A.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Lofos-5, fascinating post giving us a taste of life elsewhere. So pleased the 'authorities' have reacted so promptly and got the supplies in, wish you all luck, you're in my thoughts!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Good luck to little Qatar for standing up to it's bullying Arab neighbours, Lofos-5! What on earth was KSA's issue with little Quatar in the first place, to cause this rift, I wonder?

Jealousy springs to my mind but I (and am sure others here on PL) would love to read your in-depth analysis on the political situation there at the moment, and what exactly brought it about in the first place? When Arabs start falling out with each other, the whole world starts to worry.

No doubt, it's all about artificially driving up oil prices. But your take on it is looked forward to!

Thanks- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
WHL

Post by WHL »

From nappies to middle east politics in eight posts..love it.... :lol:
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

PaphosAL wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm
[...] Jealousy springs to my mind but I (and am sure others here on PL) would love to read your in-depth analysis on the political situation there at the moment, and what exactly brought it about in the first place? When Arabs start falling out with each other, the whole world starts to worry.

No doubt, it's all about artificially driving up oil prices. But your take on it is looked forward to!

Thanks- AL :?
You are not too far off reality I think Al. To avoid further 'diluting' (no pun intended) the topic of this thread I will copy a summary of two good articles (in my view) in the "Politics for Moderates" section.

A.
Last edited by Lofos-5 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

PaphosAL wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm When Arabs start falling out with each other, the whole world starts to worry.
Has there been a time in modern history when they have not?

Pete