Evangelismos Ambulance service

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Evangelismos Ambulance service

Post by trevnhil »

Today I have received an email from the Evangelismos ambulance service.. It details the recent changes.

But... It also includes 200 plus email addresses of all the other members. So all of these people now have my email address.

I have sent a reply expressing my annoyance, but of course it is too late now... Grrrrrrr.
Trev..
PaphosAL

Re: Evangelismos Ambulance service

Post by PaphosAL »

That is really stupid and naiive of them to do that, Trev...

They don't really understand how phishing and spam and bots with malware work, do they?

Protect your email behind MailWasherPro, please!!! Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Keogh

Post by Keogh »

......which means that at the time of writing, the whole thing was funded by (and someone else has counted) 218 scheme members. Its not a viable business and there is not enough spare cash to maintain vehicles, equipment and training. Its been going in one form or another since the early 2000's and it looks like Evangelismos has snatched 200 potential customers (not all will call, some will use the service all the time, especially the elderly and the drunks) and now has vehicles and staff to pay for.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Helpful note to anybody sending out emails to a lot of people:

When you send out an email, you have three fields you can fill.

The TO field.
The CC field.
The BCC field.

TO stands for To: it is the recipient of the email. This should only ever be one email address, unless all the people you are mailing know each other's email address already. So, if I am sending an email to my Mum, I might add my Dad as well.

CC stands for Carbon Copy: if you wanted to send a company a complaint, as an example, you could make that company the recipient (the TO field) but you could add your lawyer's email as a CC. This does two things: first it means that the lawyer gets a copy of your email too. Second, the recipient KNOWS that the lawyer has got a copy too, as they can see the CC field.

BCC stands for Blind Carbon Copy. People in this list will receive a copy of the email, but nobody else will know that they have. Their email address will remain hidden. They won't be able to see any ofther email addresses either, that are in the BCC field.

So, if you are sending an email to loads of customers, stick all their email addresses in the BCC field. Otherwise all your customers will know each other's email addresses, and anybody responding only has to hit the REPLY ALL option to send everybody the same email.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

A good reminder for those who didn't understand what BCC is there for.
I always use this method when I am sending an email to multiple addresses.

Dee
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Me too! But good advice for peeps out there, Dominic!

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
memory man

Post by memory man »

ABOUT EVANGELISMOS PHOENIX AMBULANCE SERVICE...............

http://www.ambulancecyprus.com/about/
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I received an apology by email this morning via email... Unfortunately the damage is done...

When membership renewal time comes we will make a decision as to what to do..
Trev..
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

I had this email as well. It was to all "former" members of the service. Replies that are sent to it are also going to me. Looks like this one will run and run.