Is 'Easy Fundraising' A Safe Site ?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Is 'Easy Fundraising' A Safe Site ?

Post by Firefly »

I am interested in becoming a member of this site to raise money for charity, but is it safe ? If you are a member or know of one, are there any pitfalls ?

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
merchant_banker

Re: Is 'Easy Fundraising' A Safe Site ?

Post by merchant_banker »

Why not Google it and find out from other reviews?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

RW

Yes that's it, good and bad it seems !

MB

Because I wanted to know, and still do, if anyone on this forum had experience of Easyfundraising. RW kindly sent a link to me for reviews, no need to Google.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
markwoods39

Post by markwoods39 »

I raised money this Christmas to feed the homeless & needy, i used " YOU CARING " so much better than the others sites and safe. Not sure if i am allowed to put up a link but just google YOU CARING
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There is a forum section on this site for charities. By all means post a recommended site in there.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I've been using easy fundraising site for years to help animals in Egypt and since last year I switched it over to Cyprus Dog Rescue as they moved our 2 dogs back to UK for us.

If you use Chrome or Firefox browsers you can set up a reminder to alert you when you're on a shopping site that supports your chosen charity.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
markwoods39

Post by markwoods39 »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:53 am I've been using easy fundraising site for years to help animals in Egypt and since last year I switched it over to Cyprus Dog Rescue as they moved our 2 dogs back to UK for us.

If you use Chrome or Firefox browsers you can set up a reminder to alert you when you're on a shopping site that supports your chosen charity.
Dont they charge you a % to raise funds on easy funding ? as with You Caring you keep all the money raised
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

There is no charge, each shop/website donates a percentage of the amount you spend on their site.
You (as the purchaser) only pay the price of the item as displayed.

If there is VAT on the product you purchase, that part of the price is discounted when the donation is made to your chosen charity so sometimes (such as with Argos) you may not see the full amount you expected being allocated to your charity.

The information regarding the amount of the donation given to the charity is clearly laid out in the terms of the suppliers' webpage on EasyFundRaising - see the Amazon page as an example:
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/retailer/amazon

All you have to do is make sure you're logged in to your account by using the Donation button reminder and to check the T&Cs before you shop. You can query a donation if you think it is incorrect (I've tested it myself - just because I could) and they do reply to you in the space of around 48hrs.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

PhotoLady

Thanks for the info.

Jackie
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

You're welcome, Jackie :D
smudger

Post by smudger »

Is Easyfundraising something which can be accessed by any charitable organisation, regardless of domain does anyone know??
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

As far as I'm aware a charity should be able to register and I seem to think as a registered user as a shopper, you can also suggest a charity. However, I'm browsing on my phone just now so not easy to check. But the site is user friendly enough so would suggest you take a look at the FAQS as would think that info should be in there...

I will look later when I get home.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »