Who to call for boiler issues?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Who to call for boiler issues?

Post by Dominic »

We have an issue with our gas boiler. Is there anybody recommended in the Polemi area who can service them?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Goldano

Re: Who to call for boiler issues?

Post by Goldano »

Hi Dom...I've heard Yiangos who works at The Pellet House in Paphos can service gas boilers. Deb
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

First things first, can you describe the issue that you have with your boiler, Dominic? A lot of us have had various issues with gas boilers and there may be somebody on the forum who could advise you.
Failing that, I would go to Nick's Maintenance Services in Paphos (Google his number). He is very good and reliable and is English to boot, so you will be able to understand what he is telling you!!
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Got to agree Nick is very good we have used hime for years - also other skills.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The problem with the boiler is it doesn't come on. There is no longer any power coming to it. The roof of the outhouse sprang a leak so the whole thing got a bit damp. I would imagine a fuse somewhere has blown, but we only moved into the house in July so don't really know the full lay of the land yet.

There is no smell of gas, just no power. The LED light which normally showed the temperature is off, as is the light indicating which mode the boiler is in.

I have done a temporary fix on the leak in the roof, but it got wet before setting so became very brittle. Hopefully in the predicted dry spell over the next couple of days I will be able to seal that properly.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

OK, dead (wet) electrics - not something to be explored by the amateur - could be very dodgy.
Somebody who is very good with diagnosing and repairing electrical failures in household equipment is Marios 99630575. He also speaks very good English!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes, that is exactly why I haven't been poking my nose in it!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

For electric related stuff in Polemi, call John Duckworth. Lives in Polemi and if he deems in at emergency will be round very quickly - as he was to to one Sunday evening before Christmas- with us in10 mins. Tel 991 55620.

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Ta Ian. I think there is a sticker of his somewhere in our house. The name certainly rings a bell. I shall give him a call once I have fixed the leaky roof. It isn't an emergency as such. We still have the immersion heater if we need hot water, and I do love a good fire, so we can survive without it for a day or two.