Hellenic Bank Charges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Hellenic Bank Charges

Post by Mrblobby »

Has anyone noticed an increase in bank charges ?

To pay my rent I have an s/o to my landlords CO OP bank account , the charge has always been 5€ , this month now 10€ .

I transferred some money in , normally no charge this month 10€ .

I never had any notification charges were going up . How about anyone else ?
mike strand2

Re: Hellenic Bank Charges

Post by mike strand2 »

Daylight robbery & they didn't even put a gun to your head!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Is this perhaps connected to their Hellenic Bank strike last Friday 30th June, and a resolution to the staff issues, maybe?

No banks I know of here in UK apply a charge for transferring a regular monthly sum via Standing Order! Nor do they apply a charge for simply accepting electronically transferred funds into your account, a process which takes a matter of minutes..

But the Cyprus clearing system likes to sit on your funds for a week or two, making overnight interest in the process, before it eventuually appears in your account, along with a FAT charge!

Absolute madness! I thought that ROB was bad enough, but ROC (Rip off Cyprus) certainly has a few sneaky tricks up her sleeve! Shop around for a better BANK would be my honest advice...

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
WHL

Post by WHL »

How are Banks anywhere in the world, supposed to pay staff wages, overheads etc if they dont charge for their services?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Out of the interest they receive when they loan your money out..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 pm Out of the interest they receive when they loan your money out..
what if you dont have any money in there?
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

WHL wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:11 pm
trevnhil wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 pm Out of the interest they receive when they loan your money out..
what if you dont have any money in there?
Most customers with standard current accounts keep a healthy balance, in order to have a safety cushion for the unexpected. Such accounts are normally free, but earn 0% interest. These accumulated funds the banks use to lend out to to businesses and mortgages at interest rates far higher than BoE Base Rate.

You only have to look at the Bank's annual profit report, in order to get the general idea...

Cheers- AL :roll:
Gone but not forgotten...