Recycling goes door to door in Tala

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Recycling goes door to door in Tala

Post by Mrblobby »

As from today , paper and plastic will be collected from outside your door , every Monday , place out before 7.30 am . Bags available free from the kiosk.

Glass still has to be taken to collection points .

I went to cat sanctuary this morning , all blue and brown bins have gone . Just the glass ones remain .
lefkes

Re: Recycling goes door to door in Tala

Post by lefkes »

We have this in Chloraka , the special bags are available from Papantoniou super markets.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

My first lot of PET recycling has been collected this morning from in front of the house in Lofos, Tala. They are driving a dedicated little recycling lorry it seems :-)

A.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Does anyone know if the collection service also includes KAMARES when they say Tala ?

Put my first bag out yesterday , it is still there now .
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

They were a bit later today in Lofos part of Tala but still before lunch time. Was it visible to them?
Sometimes our garbage is not collected unless I roll it to the middle of the pavement. A.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Yes easily visible , and I have noticed there is some outside a house further up the street . Looks like a phone call is in order tomorrow .
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I was also at a house in the lower end of Tala this afternoon and the bag is still sitting next to the bin cupboard - fully visible. It may of course take a few weeks to fine tune the delivery.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I had a reply from green dot .

Thank you for your great interest about recycling. On the July 1st Tala switched to door to door collection program, meaning that all residences of Tala community are being served by PMD and Paper collection directly from their pavements, every Monday morning. The collections start at 8:00am, special bags for PMD and special bags for Paper are available in supermarkets, and the materials must be placed on a clear spot on the pavement until 07:30am.
We are in contact with the community council and our collectors to solve any problems as the program is still in the beginning. Please make sure you follow all the above and we expect that no further collection problems will occur in the future.

Best Regards,

GREEN DOT .

Easiest solution , put the tins and plastic in with the general waste until they sort themselves out .
GreenArmy12

Post by GreenArmy12 »

Put my two bags of recycling on the pavement in front of my house pre 0730 on Monday, still there Tuesday morning, guess they wont come in to my little cu-de-sac, so next week will put them out on the larger road that we are attached to, watch this space!
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

It must be hard to implement on kamares , so many cul-de-sacs and so many properties un occupied . I guess some streets they will be lucky to find one bag of recycling .
memory man

Post by memory man »

Starts in Emba as from today.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I thought we were supposed to be cutting back on plastic bag usage :-)
Trev..