Ryanair

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
harveywinning

Ryanair

Post by harveywinning »

Just looking at Ryanair flights from Paphos to Stansted next February/March. They now leave Paphos at 6.20 am !!!!! Ouch!!!!
mike strand2

Re: Ryanair

Post by mike strand2 »

Set your alarm for 40 minutes earlier, or just arrive a wee bit later than before. The airport is hardly busy that time of the day!
ast

Post by ast »

Works for me, I like to be up and away early, just about first flight of the day airport empty and back in the uk by lunchtime, 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
smudger

Post by smudger »

I fly Ryanair 3 times a year to Stansted. May be fine for you lot on your own, but 6.20 takeoff is a massive problem with a 12 year old, plus two cases and two bags. Totally not my preferred take off time, particularly with a 1.5 hr coach journey plus taxi job at the other end!!

Yukkkkkkl!!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I agree Jacs, we turned down a flight an hour later from Manchester when we were heading off to Malta in March this year. We have a good 80 minutes journey from home by taxi to the airport and Mum doesn't sleep well the night before when she knows she has a very early flight to catch. Much prefer one after 9am and get back mid afternoon to early evening.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I much prefer an early afternoon departure from PFO that gets me back to LTN at teatime, tbh...
Far more sensible vacating late morning, with time to clean the premises and pack.

Get to PFO for noonish, check in, then go and sit by the beach for a while. Cold can of beer and a lountza 'n halloumi roll bought earlier on the way to the airport. A few pre-prepared roll-ups to smoke. Heaven!

Back at LTN teatime, another roll-up, then hop on a bus that get's me within spitting distance of my abode, 4 miles from LTN airport. This last leg is free, thanks to my OAP bus pass, LOL!

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Very interesting article today in the Independent about Ryanair seat allocation -
Ryanair's "random" seat allocation scorned by Oxford University researchers
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 15881.html
...it appears that the Irish airline changed its seat-assignment policy last month, and is now separating couples and larger groups of passengers — often allocating middle seats. ....
But Oxford University Statistical Consultancy researchers working with BBC Watchdog bought four groups of four passengers to see what “random” allocations took place.
All 16 passengers were placed in middle seats.
Dr Jennifer Rogers, Director of the Oxford University Statistical Consultancy, concluded that the chance of this occurring randomly was 1 in 540,000,000, 12 times less likely than winning the National Lottery jackpot....
Dr Rogers also looked at row allocation. She calculated that someone in a group would, on average, be sat 10 rows away from someone else from their group....

Not for the first time, looks like Ryanair are telling porkies...
The maths - not easy. Answers please!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I have never in my life flown Ryanair. I have no intention of doing so for the rest of my life, either... That cocky sod who runs the company, Michael O'Leary, is not an exactly user-friendly CEO now, is he?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Used Ryanair just the once to visit the customer service department of our Irish office in Dublin.
The onboard cup of coffee cost more than our outbound flight price 😊
Return flight Leeds Bradford to Dublin cost £22.50 per person of which £17 was airport taxes.
The flight was fine so would have no hesitation in trying them again in the future.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Used them Paphos to Chania (Crete) and Paphos to London - both times excellent service and felt better than the few Easyjet experiences we had. And miles better than Jet2...

A.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Flying to Stansted leaves not much choice I'm afraid, but to be fair I'm pretty happy with them, apart from the times, winter can be a problem with late returns, and now it looks like earlier takeoffs. Heigh ho.
ast

Post by ast »

smudger wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:10 pm I fly Ryanair 3 times a year to Stansted. May be fine for you lot on your own, but 6.20 takeoff is a massive problem with a 12 year old, plus two cases and two bags. Totally not my preferred take off time, particularly with a 1.5 hr coach journey plus taxi job at the other end!!

Yukkkkkkl!!
Actually smudger us lot are not on our own, us lot have a 12 yr old travelling too and he has no problem getting up for a 6.20 take off.

To be honest never had a problem with Ryanair, they are what they are you get what you pay for, my opinion is they are on par with Easyjet and much better than Jet2. The likes of Thomson are over priced but they want to sell holidays not flight only so you takes your choice. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
smudger

Post by smudger »

I did actually say I was pretty happy with them! I do actually prefer Jet 2 and on this particular trip in July to Stansted we will be returning on Jet 2 from the North, thankfully.

It's a problem in the winter when we have no choice but Ryanair both ways.

Presumably 'you lot' are two adults and one child? This 'lot" is one adult and one child. It makes a huge difference, believe me!

And I don't recall saying that the 12 year old had a problem in getting up for a 6.20 takeoff. Perhaps you need to read the previous posts carefully before jumping in with a pseudo smart response.
Last edited by smudger on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Jacs- don't go back to UK in winter, as it's much colder, wetter, and even snowy too! x
smudger

Post by smudger »

Al, I've been doing it now for 4 years, and will be doing it for the next 6 years, I don't have a choice!!!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Apologies, Jacs... Perhaps a PM to nosey old git?

Cheers - AL :) x