Air-con, little-known setting advice

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Air-con, little-known setting advice

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Many people running now their air-cons and are perhaps not aware that the setting for the flaps for cooling or dehumidifying should be HORIZONTAL unlike in Winter when the flaps should pointing down. (simple reason: hot air is rising and should be forced downwards while for cold air the opposite is the matter)

Max
trevnhil

Re: Air-con, little-known setting advice

Post by trevnhil »

Oh, we have ours on 'swinging', and it may be on later this afternoon.. Currently 33c out and 29c in..
Just a fan on at the moment...

Trev..
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 pm Oh, we have ours on 'swinging', and it may be on later this afternoon.. Currently 33c out and 29c in..
Just a fan on at the moment...

Trev..
Same 33c in my place while at my friends house in Marathounda 36.5 C at this moment. I wonder with your indoor temperature of 29 C, as I know from your previous posts that you did a lot of efforts with insulation materials for your bungalow. One of the biggest problems are large windows which in many cases are not even double glazing one's. (sliding type is even worse, and a real energy waster) I installed in my house in Italy wooden tilt and turn windows with triple glazing with the result that if you close them one cannot hear any noise outside, while here in CY I can hear all the birds singing and the window are shut. :roll: :roll:

Max
Energy Consultant
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

We are swingers as well ;) , stir the air up .
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Yep, I'm a swinger too ;)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

33c and 36c are too hot for me.. The aircon goes on when we get to 30c.
Certainly the insulation in the double walls will help, and we have UPVC double glazed windows and doors.. At night the doors are open, in this heat the lounge door is closed..

Trev..
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Austin7 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:14 am :lol: Anyone fancy starting up a 'swingers' club here in Paphos? Perhaps it should be Trev as he was the first to mention it! :lol:
I think the one in Peyia is enough ( if it is still there ) for little Paphos as there are since many years "cabarets" in every corner Image
It was ever so funny when I visited the Polis one (cabaret) 30 years ago :lol: :lol:

Max