Health and Safery

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Health and Safery

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I believe that there is reputed to be someone in charge of this in Cyprus, but what about Paphos? Is there is anyone in Paphos?

For weeks I have been attending Osteo therapy appts at a clinic located in Ellados Ave. This is on the unfinished side of the new road under construction. It is a nightmare trying to get there. The construction company keep digging up, adding more soil, putting in new concrete service structure, then leveling. Only to dig part of this up yet again.... a wooden plank bridge is usually in place, but, it is badly constructed, and is like walking the plank on a ship! Sometimes there is some kind of wire fence provided at the sides, sometimes nothing. So dangerous!

Today, I needed the cash machine at my bank - Alpha,also on Ellados. Here the new road is currently hard surface. But the level is still below the bank's paving. There is only about 2ft of the old paving left as a ledge in front of the building. Here is situated their cash machine. However, although its possible to stand there to use the machine, now a section of this paving is almost hanging as the soil which once supported it has gone. It is in worse shape today after the rain, than a week ago. Just warning anyone thinking of going there to be careful. The paving looks likely to collapse if remedial action isn't taken very soon!
Dee
wantoosoon

Re: Health and Safery

Post by wantoosoon »

I recently saw a young woman cross the same road very close to a digger shifting a load of heavy materials. Allowing - or even forcing - members of the public to walk through construction sites is a recipe for disaster. Very little thought seems to have been given to access or public safety on Ellados or Griva Digeni. Where access has been provided, it's an assault course of flimsy planks, rough surfaces and large steps, often with jagged pieces of rebar or dumped materials inviting injury. I've honestly been shocked by the conditions. It's no different to what I've seen in developing countries.