M&S Flowers

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Poppy

M&S Flowers

Post by Poppy »

My sister in law is having a bit of a horrible time as is her husband who has been in Hospital for the last month. They live at the other end of the country to us so not a lot we can do to help but decided we would send her some flowers.Looked on interflora but they were very expensive so checked out M&S who were quite a bit cheaper. Very easy to order on line,they delivered when they said they would and my sister in law (who is delighted with them) has just sent me a photo and they look exactly as depicted. So if you want to send flowers to England I would recommend
LouiseCastricum

Re: M&S Flowers

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Sorry, do not understand. Are you in Cyprus sending flowers to UK or are you in the UK sending flowers into UK..
Louise :)
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

We are in UK sending flowers to the UK but I am sure you can use them if you are sending flowers from Cyprus to the UK.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I just cannot understand why this was posted here in a CYPRUS forum called "Paphos Life"
All things are possible
smudger

Post by smudger »

I can confirm that I live in Cyprus and regularly send flowers to the Uk through M & S and they have always been delivered on time, and exactly as specified on the website, and always last a v long time.

So as far as I'm concerned this us highly relevant to both a Paphos forum and to 'Paphos Life'. It's an exemplary service, only other company I have used is Lakeland, equally exemplary service.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Poppy was trying to be helpful in pointing out that should anyone living in CYPRUS ever have the need to have flowers delivered to anyone in the U.K. then Marks and Spencer are a great alternative to Interflora. I am sure SOME people will appreciate her help
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just read it out to my wife, and we will both keep it in mind for the future. We are in Cyprus but for various occasions would like to send flowers to friends and relatives in the UK.

Trev..
Trev..
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Thank you everyone for explaining to Lincoln why I posted on here about the flowers. I know when I lived in Paphos ( which I did for 10 years Lincoln) I occasionally had need to send flowers to friends or relatives as I am sure many cyprus residents do. Cyprus was a big chunk of our lives for 10 years and I will continue to post on here when I feel I might have something useful to say.
Maybe you never feel the need to send flowers?
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Lincoln wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 pm I just cannot understand why this was posted here in a CYPRUS forum called "Paphos Life"
No different to posting about a football game in England!
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Cactuslil you little Imp you took the words right out of my mouth 👍 ! At times like this a like button would be a great addition
smudger

Post by smudger »

"No different to posting about a football game in England!"

Ha ha! But perhaps a tad more useful!??!!
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Another one here grateful for the info. I also send flowers to friends and family in the UK online from Cyprus and didn't know of this option.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

If anyone wants to send flowers to Holland, just ask me and I will give you the information needed.
Louise :)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This thread is perfectly relevant, as are occasional footy posts. I sent my mum some flowers on her birthday. I never considered M&S but will in future.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

If anyone would like to send me flowers, here in Paphos, I will graciously accept! Thanks for info Poppy, handy for if I send flowers to family.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

On the subject of arranging a flower delivery in the UK I have used Bunches for several years for many different occasions and always had a positive response from the various recipients: https://www.bunches.co.uk/
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

They seem to be very good value..

Trev..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jimgym wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:34 am If anyone would like to send me flowers, here in Paphos, I will graciously accept! Thanks for info Poppy, handy for if I send flowers to family.
Would you be interested in a sack load of grass clippings?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

When we were in Cyprus, I used to send personalised cards through Moonpig (to UK and also to my stepson in Australia). They also offer add-on gifts including flowers. I've sent flowers, plants and trees to my Mum using Moonpig. Also Tesco Direct send flowers - my Mum said they last for ages.

With Moonpig you can preload a credit balance to your account and just pay from the balance. If you add £20 credit, they will add an extra £5 to it. Every so often they do special offers of 50% on 5 or more cards etc so always handy if you want to send Christmas cards.

Plus, no worries about whether the card will get there as UK orders are posted from UK (Channel Islands) and Australia directly from Oz.

You can also upload your own signature to be added onto any cards you send. I haven't tested this option though.

There are a few other similar companies but I've only ever used Moonpig. Still using it now we're back in UK but I tend to have the cards delivered back to me to pass on personally to the recipient. Cards take no more than 2 days to reach me.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 pm
Jimgym wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:34 am If anyone would like to send me flowers, here in Paphos, I will graciously accept! Thanks for info Poppy, handy for if I send flowers to family.
Would you be interested in a sack load of grass clippings?
Would you like a polite answer to that? :lol: