Sunday lunches

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tremigirl

Sunday lunches

Post by Tremigirl »

Where is the best place for Sunday Lunches with great desserts in Paphos area please.
trevnhil

Re: Sunday lunches

Post by trevnhil »

We have not been for well over a couple of years. But assuming it is the same format, I think Gustoso has to be high on the list..
It is a 'help yourself' lunch but the chef carves the meat onto your plate.
So there can be a little queueing at times .
Trev..
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

I went to Mikey's (the original First and Last) recently, excellent value and food.

Choice of three meats, (Roast Beef, Chicken, Roast Pork) with three veg, huge Yorkshire pudding, mashed and roast potatoes and gravy.

Three meats includes a beer or wine €11
One meat includes a beer or wine €10.50.

Booking is essential though.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Hill View in Pissouri never disappoints
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The Railway Inn - Chloraka. Best pub grub around and excellent Sunday Roast. Best to book for Sunday.
All things are possible
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

The Stone Lion in Goudi, Paradisos Hills in Lysos, The Farmyard and Petradaki in Kathikas and for something a bit more left field Sto Mouseio in Kato Akourdaleia.

Ian
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:48 pm We have not been for well over a couple of years. But assuming it is the same format, I think Gustoso has to be high on the list..
It is a 'help yourself' lunch but the chef carves the meat onto your plate.
So there can be a little queueing at times .
Trev, Gustoso no longer do the buffet Sunday lunch, the a la carte menu is available
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

If it’s lots of choice of desserts then The Farmyard has lots!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just goes to show how peoples views on restaurants varies, one restaurant mentioned as being excellent, we were invited twice by friends who live there and the food was probably the worse two meals we had on island.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

WHL wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:10 am Just goes to show how peoples views on restaurants varies, one restaurant mentioned as being excellent, we were invited twice by friends who live there and the food was probably the worse two meals we had on island.
True, each to their own I suppose.
The worst we’ve ever had was at the harbour....serves us right for falling into the tourist trap!
ast

Post by ast »

WHL wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:10 am Just goes to show how peoples views on restaurants varies, one restaurant mentioned as being excellent, we were invited twice by friends who live there and the food was probably the worse two meals we had on island.
Absolutely spot on, my friends idea of a good Sunday lunch is the more you can heap up the better and the lot swimming in gravy. Not for me but every to there own. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

We love the Sunday Lunch at The Village Inn in Kissonerga...their gravy is very special!

Very good and varied menu available at other times which we'd also recommend.

Cheers

Darrell
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

I get what folk are saying about different attitudes towards food.
But there are "the food snobs" of which my sister in law is one.
I guarantee that if three identically prepared meals, all cooked by the same chef, were presented to her, one priced at £10, one at £15 and one at £20 she would choose the most expensive and she'd say that it was the tastiest of the three.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Cappielow1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:31 pm I get what folk are saying about different attitudes towards food.
I guarantee that if three identically prepared meals, all cooked by the same chef, were presented to her, one priced at £10, one at £15 and one at £20 she would choose the most expensive and she'd say that it was the tastiest of the three.
My sister in law is the same, they once took us to a Michelin star restaurant in London, it was half a dozen courses, came out hungry, God knows what the bill came to.
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

PolemIan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:29 am The Stone Lion in Goudi, Paradisos Hills in Lysos, The Farmyard and Petradaki in Kathikas and for something a bit more left field Sto Mouseio in Kato Akourdaleia.

Ian
Couldn't agree more with all choices. Stone Lion in Goudi is great and you do not have to have the roast option as the whole menu and specials are still available as well and the price includes the sweet.

Jim
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Cappielow1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:31 pm I get what folk are saying about different attitudes towards food.
I caught her out good and proper.

She'd bought a bottle of Volvic water from a kiosk at double the cost of other bottles, because Volvic was "just simply the best on the market".
A few days later we visited Gustoso and a bottle of water was ordered for the table. After the smallest of sips it was branded disgusting by her ladyship.
I turned the bottle around to face her and happily pointed out the Volvic label on the front.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
A plastic snob if ever there was one!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I'd nominate Debbie at the UKCA! She does the best Sunday lunch I have eaten in Paphos.
A 3 meat carvery, and help your self buffet containing all the traditional roasties, Veggies, trimmings and a nice gravy!

Dee