Chlorakas-Garbage City Contest

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Victorine

Chlorakas-Garbage City Contest

Post by Victorine »

Thanks to extremely well trained competitors, all hopes are allowed for Chlorakas to win the competition for the first dump city.
If there are other places of Chlorakas even better decorated, do not hesitate to share your photos.
PYRGOU STREET IN CHLORAKAS
Chlorakas-3.jpeg (254.07 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Chlorakas-2.jpeg (119.37 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Chlorakas-1.jpeg (199.88 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
trevnhil

Re: Chlorakas-Garbage City Contest

Post by trevnhil »

It will have to be good to beat that 'Street Scene'.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

And shame on Chloraka....
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

Excellent variety of rubbish, with a good balance of colours and some thoughtful arrangements. 8/10
Coles

Post by Coles »

These street artists clearly have talent and have provided us with two alternative compositions for us to marvel at.
The scene containing the mattress and foliage is an interesting and thought provoking pairing and the proximity of the green bin with it’s suggestive available capacity provides a particularly provocative element to the entire composition. This is an absolute masterclass of ‘modern garbage-esque’ work which other artists will want to aspire to and no doubt, replicate elsewhere. Personally, I would have liked to have seen a few strategically placed plastic bottles and an element of liquid-seeping foodstuffs from poorly tied bin liners would have added subtle undertones of softness, roundness and a self imagined aromatic dimension.

There is much to admire here and I clearly have too much time on my hands.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

For my taste it was a bit too predictable. I was out exploring this morning and came across a similar dumped pile of mattresses. However, the artist had had the vision to leave a discarded condom nearby, indicating that the mattresses might still have a functional role, and providing a somewhat risqué feel to the main feature. A tour de force.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

In recent years this particular rubbish dump has offered different scenarios depending on the time of month (people moving out of accommodation and dumping rubbish followed a week or so later by the new people moving in and replacing furniture items and furnishings), time of the week (more builders rubbish usually dumped on a Saturday, but this can vary as some prefer to leave it just after dawn or before dusk on any working day, some turning off their lights whilst doing so). Woe betide anyone who tries to intervene when anyone is in the act of disposing of their rubbish. Chloraka Municipality has cleared this area on a number of occasions - only for fresh rubbish to appear the same day.

The area is overlooked by an apartment complex so surprised the residents there haven't taken action - after all many use the green bin which was originally placed between the complex and the kiosk along with 3-4 other bins.
Concerned Chlorakas

Post by Concerned Chlorakas »

I think galexinda is partly correct about the source of the rubbish. I have looked and there appears to be no bins around the apartment block, so maybe this is the relocated result. It would be unfair to blame it all on them as some of the discarded waste is plainly of commercial origin. The municipality should contact the owner of the ground and force them to fence off the area and maybe put a camera onto the area. So far they have shown little interest in sorting out the problem. OH, its time to pay our local taxes. Perhaps this is the time to make a point.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Not blaming the residents of the nearest complex for the rubbish as it is one of many in the immediate area, just surprised they have allowed this to go on for such a long time as they overlook it!
Luxury villas are being built on the other side of the street - perhaps the developer could intervene?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re " just surprised they have allowed this to go on for such a long time as they overlook it"
What can the residents do about it apart from complain to the council office.
On one of the main entrances to our village there is an Avacado toilet and part of the washbasin next to two bins. They have been there a couple of weeks now and not been removed..
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

I live around 4 miles from the official Akoursos tip, where you can drop off anything free....
And yet people still dump stuff nearby....guess you can't educate some people...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I had assumed that that was people arriving after the dump was closed.

But you are right, some people just don't think.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I know some people use the 'Green Point' and if you can put something in your car to dump at the roadside you could make a journey and dump it in the right place.
Trev..