Last Castle Restaurant - Review

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Last Castle Restaurant - Review

Post by Dominic »

Last Castle is as famous for its location as its delicious food. Perched atop the entrance to Avakas Gorge, if you want to dine in style there are few places better in Paphos.We visited there recently to sample the Souvla...

Read the article and chat about it below...

last-castle-review_masthead.jpg
last-castle-review_masthead.jpg (165.44 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Re: Last Castle Restaurant - Review

Post by WHL »

I can smell that souvla from here, looks very tasty
kansas

Post by kansas »

Well, glad you enjoyed it. We went several weeks ago, on a Sunday, a party of 7. The meat was almost inedible.particularly the chicken which was totally dry and couldn't even be cut. We were all very disappointed. Having said that we have visited a number of times over the last decade and a half and, until now, have always been delighted with the food and the atmosphere.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

We have never been disappointed in the more than over 25 years. Such a lovely place with lovely people.
Louise :)
ast

Post by ast »

You can only comment on your own experiences and honestly we have never had a bad meal there, but obviously some people have. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
sued51

Post by sued51 »

We have also never had a good meal at the Last Castle - the souvla has always been dry and only just edible. The views from there are fantastic but there are other places far better
souniman

Post by souniman »

IF you get a meal at a restaurant that is not properly cooked tell the proprietor rather than past on social media or forums. gives them a chance to correct the problem. If they do not offer to rectify the problem, do not return.
ast

Post by ast »

I would be interested to know were the much better places are that people talk about. I am not saying Viklari is the best that's up to individual opinion but tell us all we're the better places are for this type of meal. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Haven’t been for several years it’s not cheap the food is ok and it’s a bit of a drive for us, but what really put us off last time was several fat sweaty Brit no shirts fat guts hanging over the shorts who decided they wanted to sing whether other people wanted it or not, might have been a one off but couldn’t be bothered to find out.