Short stay at the Airport

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MikeTy

Short stay at the Airport

Post by MikeTy »

For years now I’ve been hiring cars through George & Kula at Easy Rent and am doing so again for our next holiday starting tomorrow.

Normally George leaves the car in the short stay car park, however this year I have to ring him when I’ve landed as he’s advised the car park might be closed!

We’re due to land at 9.50pm, although we’ve arrived at similar times in the past with no issue. Anyone aware of the reasons why it’s closed?

Thanks, Mike.
trevnhil

Re: Short stay at the Airport

Post by trevnhil »

I am amazed that the car parking closes at all.. Flights come in at all times. Sometimes much later than scheduled.
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Went today,used short stay car park, €1 for 20 mins ...
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Perhaps it could be because many people, me included, have been complaining about the lack of spaces in the Short Term car park over recent months, Hermes are perhaps cracking down on rental companies who are not using the official rental car park the larger companies use, and forcing them to the more expensive long term parking, or outside of the airport parking facility completely.

We used to exactly the same thing with our rental car prior to living here, and the car could be there for a fair while.

Ian
ast

Post by ast »

I was in there yesterday, loads of spaces all over. Plenty of rental and private cars In there. only issue was you could not pay by card at the exit barrier had to be at the machine in the central area. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have never known that you could pay at the exit barrier. There are 'Pay' machines near the cafe opposite the exit. I believe you then get so many minutes to load up your car and go through the exit Barrier.
Trev..
ast

Post by ast »

Yes you can pay with card at the exit barrier Trev, but like i said yesterday not working and had to pay at the machine near the cafe. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks i didn't know that. It would be a bit annoying if you had to go back to the cafe area
Trev..