Amazon: the largest purchaser worldwide for renewable energy

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Amazon: the largest purchaser worldwide for renewable energy

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I received today this information and thought I would share it on here, as it is amazing and I believe not many people know about...

Source
Photon newsletter

As the largest corporate purchaser of renewable energy globally, Amazon now has a total of 379 renewable energy projects across 21 countries, including 154 wind and solar farms and 225 rooftop solar projects, representing 18.5 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy capacity. By the end of 2021, the company had reached 85% renewable energy across its business.

In Europe, Amazon now has 117 renewable energy projects. Amazon is announcing its first rooftop solar projects in France and Austria and its first solar farm in Poland. Amazon's investment in its first utility-scale project in Poland is one of the largest corporate solar deals announced to date in the country. With this commitment Amazon is directly contributing to the Polish government’s goal of increasing renewable energy on its grid. Corporate support of new renewable energy projects like Amazon’s helps open up the market for additional wind and solar farms, and accelerates the decarbonization of the grid.

And CYPRUS ? Fast asleep thanks to EAC.....

https://www.aboutamazon.eu/news/sustain ... -in-europe

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Amazon: the largest purchaser worldwide for renewable energy

Post by cyprusmax47 »

What amazes me how little attention this post received, unlike p.e. the price of carrots in one shop which somebody was posting. It is so important this times with extreme gas/diesel/electricity prices that some companies worldwide woke up, doing great investments in renewable energies...
Unfortunately Cyprus and it's companies are far behind, thanks also to EAC's and the Governments policies.
Max