Lucky us!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Lucky us!

Post by Paul »

Maria and me where driving on Monday and this happened, she got a bit close to us.

wantoosoon

Re: Lucky us!

Post by wantoosoon »

I have to agree with Maria! The driver clearly didn't bother to look until the last moment.

Does anyone have any recommendations for dashcams and installation? Does wiring them to the battery have many advantages over using the cigarette lighter?
Paul

Post by Paul »

My camera is a nextbase with a 32gig micro SD card and is hard wired to the assesory circuit, it starts when I turn the key on.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

I bought a car last month and the first thing I did was fit a dashcam.
While driving in Chlorakas I came to a cross roads, while waiting for cars to pass a young guy (probably one of the asylum seekers) on a push bike approached from my right and stopped about six feet short of the car, level with my driver's door.
He made no signal or intention of moving, so I waited as well.
This standoff last for about three minutes while he kept looking at me. There was no traffic in moving in either direction through the junction.
I eventually pulled forward about one foot and he also moved forward so I stopped again as did he.
This happened twice before he gave up and cycled off across the junction and out of sight.
I'm convinced he was waiting for me to make my right turn when he would have either pulled in front of me or collided with my offside then make a claim that I'd struck him.
I reviewed the dashcam footage which only reinforced my suspicion.

My point of all of that is that a dashcam is worth the investment even if it's a cheap one.

I have a good quality NEXTBASE camera hard wired at home, the one I bought for my holiday car was only £25 from eBay and included a reversing camera, which isn't brilliant but helps.

I fitted it via the cigarette lighter in about 30 mins.