Jab 5??

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Jab 5??

Post by Sadie »

Is anyone planning to have or has had their 5th covid vaccination?
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Lincoln

Re: Jab 5??

Post by Lincoln »

I had three of the inoculations and caught Covid. Later when fully recovered I had the fourth and had a massive reaction to it. I will not be having anymore inocculations.
All things are possible
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I'm booked to have my fifth jab on Saturday, luckily, I only felt tired with the first jab, no side effects with the other three.

As far as I know, to date, I haven't had Covid.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

How do you get a 5th Jab?

According to a press release on 14th September https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-release ... 30046#flat the 3rd & 4th Covid boosters are ongoing but as far as I am aware there is no date set for a 5th vaccination.

I did read that a 5th vaccination would probably be available later in the year but unfortunately can’t find the reference.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Tuppence, I'm in the UK, and you are informed by your GPs surgery when you're due your 5th jab.

If you're in Cyprus, sorry, can't help you there.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

I have had my jab today in the UK - apparently from all the information they gave me it is Moderna but called Spikevax and is apparently for both the original covid strain and the Omicron variant. The surgery was giving flu jabs at the same time - Covid in 1 arm and flu in the other but I chickened out and just had the Covid. I will get the flu jab in a couple of weeks at our local pharmacy all for free. No side effects yet except for a slight soreness in my arm
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The Covid jabs here in Cyprus and the Flu ones have all been free as well.
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

What is currently offered as a booster? The updated vaccine against the BA2 variant or against Omicron 4/5?
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Jeba as I said above , however this is in the UK, the vaccine I have just received is called Spikevax bivalent Original/Omicron. It is intended as a booster for anyone over the age of 18. It contains 2 different types of messenger ribonucleic acid ( MRNA),elasomeran and imelasomeran. Elasomeran encodes the spike protein of the original strain of the virus whereas imelasomeran encodes the spike protein of the Omicron BA.1 variant of the virus.
Please note I have just copied this from the information leaflet given to me at the time of the jab. There is lots more information in the leaflet.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Had my 5th jab and flu vaccine today, all ok so far, but tomorrow is another day.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Firefly wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:19 pm Had my 5th jab and flu vaccine today, all ok so far, but tomorrow is another day.
Members be aware that this is in the UK
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, I have just returned from the UK. While there my local surgery offered me the new varient of the Covid vaccine, with which everyone who wants it seems to be invited to have it. Also routinely they get their flu vac administered to the other arm!
I decided not to have it, as I have had 4 jabs so far in Paphos. In the UK some oldies are having it as their 5th injection. I was expecting Cyprus to have announced an autumn vacc campaign with the new combined vaccine.But it seems nothing is planned for Cyprus.
Is the situation here different in terms of the number of covid cases? Or is the proximity of the next General Election now uppermost in politicians minds, so no further action to prevent a winter outbreak of Covid has been planned?
Dee
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

This oldie had her flu vaccine in the same arm, in the UK of course.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Of course it was the UK

Where else would your arm be!! :lol:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

:lol: :lol:

But just in case members think that I, and my arm, are in Cyprus.
Fionaken

Post by Fionaken »

Has anyone actually had their fifth jab? A wasted trip to the hospital this morning, to be told that it is not yet available and "we will write in the newspaper when it is here". But I thought I had read it was available from September. No wonder there was no queue 😀
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

A fifth Covid vaccine dose could be available by the end of October, while the cabinet just under two weeks ago approved the new bivalent jabs for fourth shots.

Medical services director Elisavet Constantinou told CyBC radio on Monday morning that each day about 220 people on average were having the bivalent vaccine as a booster.

As for the possibility of a third booster (fifth shot), Constantinou said that there was a recommendation from the European Medicines Agency for this and it was being evaluated by the national vaccination committee.

It could be approved by the end of October, she said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/09/26/fift ... onsidered/
Fionaken

Post by Fionaken »

Ah mistaken. Thanks.