Heat Pump v Aircon

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
glang3000

Re: Heat Pump v Aircon

Post by glang3000 »

Here is a useful article on the subject.

https://greenerliving.co.uk/will-my-rad ... heat-pump/
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Heat Pump v Aircon

Post by cyprusmax47 »

glang3000 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:33 pm I have just been on a seminar about this exact subject about 2 weeks ago and the expert said they always change the radiators to high output ones as standard radiators will not have sufficient output but i don't know either way to be honest, I'm just a plumber.

I do know that Max says that 50c to 60 c in Cyprus would be enough but I think in winter Cyprus can be as cold as UK, perhaps with the extra insulation that has been suggested then standard rads would be OK.

Gary.
Well, I live permanent since 40 years in Cyprus in different areas and sea levels from 10 m to 450 m now and what I realized is that the winter temperatures are getting higher by the decades. Of course very high up in the mountains you will have also days with frost in the night, however the majority of the home owners will not many time experience frost at all.

Green Air Paphos is installing recently LG mono bloc heat pumps and if you go on the LG website you can find out that they produce until 65c output temperature which is well good enough to run existing radiators used in Cyprus the last 15 years or so.

Very efficient and low electricity consumption, using outside temperature of 7c-17c in the coldest month Jan/Feb to boost them for the necessary output temperature to run central heating without using any gas/diesel. Of course underfloor heating instead of radiators would be the optimum option

Max