Paphos set to roll out 27,000 smart water meters

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Paphos set to roll out 27,000 smart water meters

Post by Paphos Life »

The Municipality of Paphos is proceeding with the replacement of existing water clocks with a total of more than 27,000 smart meters. The replacement is part of the project 'Supply, installation, operation and maintenance of an integrated system for smart management and measurement of water resources'. ...

Read the article and chat about it below...
trevnhil

Re: Paphos set to roll out? 27,000 smart water meters

Post by trevnhil »

In our case remote reading of the Electric meter would seem to be difficult as the meter is complex and part of the PV panels set up
Last edited by trevnhil on Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Kili01

Re: Paphos set to roll out 27,000 smart water meters

Post by Kili01 »

Well thats just in Paphos, the villages are fairly autonomous as they read and collect funds from elec and water meters in their village.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:10 pm Well thats just in Paphos, the villages are fairly autonomous as they read and collect funds from elec and water meters in their village.

Dee
I agree that the villages read water meters, and collect funds from the water that is used.
But as far as I know, the electric meters are read by EAC and the payment for electricity goes to them even in the villages
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

A lot of people fill their pools up with household water, I know one guy who disconnected his meter , so he could fill up without paying, are they in for a shock.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Obviously it is illegal to disconnect your water meter, or bypass it. I wonder if he got soaked when he took the meter from the end of the mains
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:22 am Obviously it is illegal to disconnect your water meter, or bypass it. I wonder if he got soaked when he took the meter from the end of the mains
I suppose getting soaked wouldn't bother anyone if the result is saving money, I doubt if they could pull of that stunt with these smart meters
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

WHL wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:26 pm
trevnhil wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:22 am Obviously it is illegal to disconnect your water meter, or bypass it. I wonder if he got soaked when he took the meter from the end of the mains
I suppose getting soaked wouldn't bother anyone if the result is saving money, I doubt if they could pull of that stunt with these smart meters
However it would stop the practice of many to use a magnet underneath the very old meters, which reduces the counting number a lot...

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I realise that the money saved on (for example) filling a swimming pool would be a lot.. But Water is not really dear in Cyprus for the amount the average householder would be using
Trev..
wantoosoon

Re: Paphos set to roll out? 27,000 smart water meters

Post by wantoosoon »

mouse wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:49 pm lets hope the computer system linked to these remote read meters works well. this does bring up the question of why remote read electricity meters , to the best of my knowledge , are not being fitted by the eac despite its 90s technology, maybe its a union thing !
I wonder whether EAC's new meter data management system was installed in preparation for the roll-out of smart meters? If so, I hope the introduction of the hardware goes more smoothly than that of the software!