Monday is Bank Holiday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Monday is Bank Holiday

Post by Dominic »

Over the next week or two, a lot of Cypriots will be going on holiday. Many businesses not related to tourism will close for a period, as the locals head for the beaches and the bbq areas to relax. The first you may notice of this is the queue of traffic on Friday stretching from Paphos up the B7 to Polis. The beaches on the North coast of Paphos are very popular with the locals and you will likely see a lot of hastily erected Gazebos running along the shores of some of the remoter beaches.

Rest assured if you are a holiday maker though. The Tourist destinations will still be in full swing. But if you fancy buying a sofa you might have to wait a while!
And what of the Bank Holiday itself? What is the Dormition of the Mother of God? Read on...

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Re: Monday is Bank Holiday

Post by PhotoLady »

Do the petrol stations still do their 2 week closure rotation?

It was always a game of trial and error to find the one which was open on my route home from the office if I used to come back from Limassol and avoiding the highway.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have never heard of the petrol stations being closed in the Paphos area. Maybe someone knows different
Trev..
ast

Post by ast »

Almost 20 yrs of owning my house in Paphos and Never heard of the filling stations closing in summer, obviously not at my local stations, or perhaps I never noticed. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have also been notified that some of the smaller businesses and official buildings eg Municipality Office will be closed Tuesday next week.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The thing which I remember vividly is that many garages and nearly all places which do tyre repairs close for the last 2 weeks of August. One year I had a puncture and had to wait for the above businesses to reopen!
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Although I have never had to use it I have one of those spray cans in the car that inflates a tyre and seals a puncture..
Trev..