Choletria Old And New

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Choletria Old And New

Post by Dominic »

Join us on a drive through a village split in two. We start in New Choletria and take a bumpy ride to it's older sibling. We finish on the Bridge Over The River Xeros, and there are absolutely no prizes for guessing where we went next.

In case you are curious, the village had to be relocated because of damage after a big Earthquake in the Fifties. There is more to it than that but I won't go into that now.

To enjoy 360 films you must watch them at a high a resolution as possible. Ramp the resolution up to 5K if you can. If it looks excessively blocky it is because your resolution is set too low.

Once you are viewing the film, you can move the camera about to look at whatever you like. On a tablet, or phone, just swipe in the way you want to go. On a computer, use the mouse or the W,A,S and D keys to point the camera. If you pause the film, you can still move the camera about.

If the image you see cannot be rotated and looks weird, it is likely that your viewer doesn't support 360 film. If that is the case, try viewing the film using the Youtube Application.

For a map of the route see here:

https://www.paphoslife.com/film/choletria-old-and-new
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Choletria Old And New

Post by cyprusmax47 »

The last part of that road (track) is very tricky in Winter to drive as the soil gets like snow there when it is wet. It was also the reason they abandoned old Choletria.
I drove that road only once in Winter, it was more a sliding down than driving, however it is beautiful when everything is green and attempting to drive down. (I drove thousands of km in snowy conditions in Bavaria and Switzerland before I settled in Cyprus but it was easier on real snow than that road)...

Anyhow thank you for the trip video.

Max