New traffic regulations due to work near Paphos Hospital

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

New traffic regulations due to work near Paphos Hospital

Post by memory man »

Within the framework of redeveloping the traditional core of the Anavargos District, as of today and until 20 August, work will take place for the improvement of Vasilikon Street from its intersection with Ahepans Street until its intersection with Anavargou Avenue in the center of the district. Work will take place in sections.

According to an announcement of the Municipality of Paphos, entry and movement of cars will only be allowed to the residents, while complete prohibition will be implemented according to each stage. It is noted that the proper measures for the safe access of pedestrians and affected residents will be taken during the whole period of the work.

The Municipality is asking drivers to follow instructions.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/news/lo ... -hospital/
trevnhil

Re: New traffic regulations due to work near Paphos Hospital

Post by trevnhil »

One of the problems I have found with other roadworks in that area is, that they will divert you but then there is nothing to tell you how to get back on the correct road
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have to go to the District Post Office in Anavargos tomorrow so will approach it from the back streets!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am still not clear which street/s are affected. I assumed that the main road past Anavargos post office was NOT the one being worked on.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

When I last went to the Anavargos Post Office, about 3 weeks ago, it was the main road off the roundabout that was being worked on and we were diverted up a side street. I followed another motorist, who turned into a street 1st right, then left , and we were back on the same road, but beyond the road works.
This is the usual way to get around most roadworks. There is usually just the one sign at the start of a diversion...
Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

That raised the question of how to tell Google maps that there is a roadblock. Does anybody happen to know?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I think all the roadworks are out of control, too many at the same time. Yesterday I was trying to get to the Hellenic bank by Cyta and the roads around there were chaos as they had extended the roadworks on the Cyta road. 40 minutes to get through to the bank as many like me were following the old diversions which were barriersed off where they rejoined the Cyta Road.

The roundabout by Lidl was open yesterday.
josef k

Post by josef k »

The road from the Anavargos roundabout, up past the post office to Homemarket and beyond is open.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you josef k for that information. That is one of the main routes from the villages North of Paphos to the Motorway Roundabout.
Trev..
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

A quick look om Google Earth would seem to indicate that the work will be on the road on the left, past the General, up to Anavargos Village. None of the Main Roads would be affected.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum