Electricity Bills

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
sueb

Electricity Bills

Post by sueb »

Anyone else not received their electricity bill?

Should have been read on the 5th July. No bill via email.
Our communal bill comes in the post and not received that either.

Very strange???

Thanks for any replies.
Happy to be back on the Island!
daveg

Re: Electricity Bills

Post by daveg »

Same here ,no bill received.... usually get one second week of July ...
Wait to see if they take the money via DD as normal...
ast

Post by ast »

My bill that was due beginning of June came via email on time, next one due in a fortnight so will see.
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Just a thought.. If you remember the Government passed a bill reducing VAT, but then someone claimed it was too expensive and appealed to the courts. I wonder if they are awaiting the outcome of that.
It was at the same time they said VAT on fuel would be reduced to Zero..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Not got ours either-Polis. When enquired at the local Electricity shop.Told the system is down.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From many FB comments people in many areas are receiving estimated electricity bills - and quickly contacting EAC with the correct reading as in some cases it is nearly double!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Still waiting for my bill in Tala. I receive by email but nothing as yet.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Submitted ours via text on 20th June, bill (€25) came via email on 30th so I guess we were just ahead of any problems in the current 2 month cycle.

Ian
cactus

Post by cactus »

We are still waiting for our emailed bill in Emba. Our meter was read three weeks ago. I am starting to panic a bit because we have recently moved in, our landlady is lovely and we don't want any problems. Also we have no idea how much it will be so cannot plan financially for the month. I don't know what to do,
josef k

Post by josef k »

I received my paper bill three days ago, about a week after the meter reading took place. The bill wasn't estimated.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

cactus wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:23 am We are still waiting for our emailed bill in Emba. Our meter was read three weeks ago. I am starting to panic a bit because we have recently moved in, our landlady is lovely and we don't want any problems. Also we have no idea how much it will be so cannot plan financially for the month. I don't know what to do,
If you call the EAC contact centre, they will email the bill to you. Or can go into their office in Paphos, get it, and pay.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I have just telephoned 1818 which is on the EAC website and spoken to a Customer Services Representative as my last bill was paid up until 03 May and I am billed bi-monthly. He agreed that the meter should have been read and normally the bill would have been issued on 11 July.

He informed me that they have not received any information (ie a meter reading) and that according to the system I owe nothing. The payment is usually taken directly from my bank account.

As soon as they receive the information I will be sent an email (I am set up on the system to receive the bill by email) and the payment date will be approx 20-25 days later.

https://www.eac.com.cy/EN/RegulatedActi ... fault.aspx
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Discount on electricity bills announced by state

The announced discount on electricity bills consumers in Cyprus will get in September covering consumption between the very hot months of July-August will be deducted automatically, Philenews reported on Friday.

It has been clarified that the duration of discounted bills is up until the year’s end.

The government on Thursday said the state would absorb a sizeable chunk of cost increases in energy to buffer anticipated rises of up to 25% in bills in the autumn.

The state would cover up to all additional costs to so-called vulnerable households, Finance Minister Constantinos Petrides has said.

The state will also introduce a staggered subsidy for other consumers by between 85% and 50% based on consumption, he added.

A staggered subsidy was designed to encourage users to save on energy use, Petrides also said.

The new measures would apply to almost half a million households and 111,500 businesses.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/news/lo ... -deducted/
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I got my bi-monthly bill via e-mail exactly in time this morning and paid it (13.26 Euro) straightaway with the provided link from EAC. What I realized was that the VAT is reduced to 9%, however the network usage increased slightly from 0,0282 to 0,0302 cent/kWh which is actually nothing....

Max
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We also received our bill this morning which is bang on time.
The photovoltic system brought us a bill in of €30.48 with AC Units running most days and nights.

Best investment we ever made.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just received an estimated bill this morning for the period up until 14 July - I think the accounts department just picked a number at random because the actual units used according to the meter reading I have taken this morning are less than half their figure. Payment is due by 24 August.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I assume you will be contacting them this morning with a more realistic reading
Trev..
sueb

Post by sueb »

Yes also received ours today by email.
Appears to be estimated and payment on 24th August. One week late on the dates of when it should have been read.
Saying we used 100 more units this year to last.

Time to read the meter!
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Mine arrived by email yesterday. An estimated bill by over 80 units!
sueb

Post by sueb »

Yes I have read the meter. Well a good kind neighbour did.

So it was estimated.

Since 17th July the date give on the bill till today. We have used 39 units in 3 weeks.
Working out the costs it relates to 12.65 euros. That is with the odd air con on and fans on for long periods.
Hey ho the bill will be cheaper next time around. Hopefully!