Binoculars

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Alewfin

Binoculars

Post by Alewfin »

Has anyone ever bought a pair of Binoculars from the UK (especially from Amazon) ?

Given the state of some of the packages we have received here from Amazon I am concerned about the impact on a pair on Binoculars.

Many thanks in advance.
cyprusgrump

Re: Binoculars

Post by cyprusgrump »

Alewfin wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 am Has anyone ever bought a pair of Binoculars from the UK (especially from Amazon) ?

Given the state of some of the packages we have received here from Amazon I am concerned about the impact on a pair on Binoculars.

Many thanks in advance.
I have (and other fragile things) but I've never had damaged contents from Amazon in all the time I've been here...

...smashed-up packages yes, but the contents are normally excellently packaged.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I've had a couple received with damaged packaging. Interestingly though, the "Sorry we damaged your package" sticker was an RM one in each case, indicating the problem was at the UK end.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Houdinibun

Post by Houdinibun »

I had binoculars delivered by Amazon just before Christmas and they were fine. Remember as well as Amazon packaging most come in a protective carry case with lens protectors too!
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Never had a problem with any parcels from Amazon & that includes binoculars.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Most sensitive items like binoculars, SSF PCs, Laptops, and so on tend to come packed in a much larger H/D cardboard box than you'd expect these days.

The item itself is shrink-wrapped, in order to protect it from humidity. Then they pop it into a large cardbox box, with the item totally encapsulated by air-filled plastic bags. End result? You could throw this box out of your 1st floor bedroom window down to your concrete patio below, and it will survive!

Just bring it indoors, unpack it, then leave it for a couple of hours to assimilate to your room temperature, before even thinking of powering-up your new toy!

Cheers- AL ;)
Gone but not forgotten...