Broken leg and arm

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lefkes

Broken leg and arm

Post by lefkes »

My wife has had a fall from a spiral staircase and suffered a double fracture of her leg and arm .When she leaves hospital we will need the use of a wheel chair ,simmer frame and all the bits and pieces required to look after her at home .Does anybody know if the items can hired on a monthly basis as I am hoping they will only be needed for a short time .We are in the Paphos area. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lefkes.
cyprusgrump

Re: Broken leg and arm

Post by cyprusgrump »

lefkes wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 4:18 pm My wife has had a fall from a spiral staircase and suffered a double fracture of her leg and arm .When she leaves hospital we will need the use of a wheel chair ,simmer frame and all the bits and pieces required to look after her at home .Does anybody know if the items can hired on a monthly basis as I am hoping they will only be needed for a short time .We are in the Paphos area. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lefkes.
There is a place opposite the General Hospital.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lefkes, hope she soon gets well and on the mend, I dread falling as I get older, so easy to do here, lack of decent pavements and other obstructions...
Last edited by JimX on Sun May 21, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Lefkes

The UKCA club has various medical equipment for hire - I am not sure when the ladies who arrange this hire are on duty but I can enquire for you if you wish - otherwise just c all the club and they will be available to advise.

Hope your wife soon recovers.

Regards

Rita
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Ouch!
Hope she feels better soon, lefkes.... and try to keep her away from spiral staircases and hard floors in future.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Lefkes

Re my earlier post the UKCA club telephone number is 26 952 470

However the Welfare people are on duty Tuesday and Thursday between 12 noon and 1pm.

Welfare Person is Liz Watson and telephone number to pre book equipment is 99744936

If you go into the UKCA Web Site scroll down to bottom of the page and click on "Welfare" (far right hand side) This gives one all the details plus cost of hire of various equipment - wheelchairs amongst them.

Hope this helps

Rita
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Rita Sherry wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 pm Lefkes

Re my earlier post the UKCA club telephone number is 26 952 470

However the Welfare people are on duty Tuesday and Thursday between 12 noon and 1pm.

Welfare Person is Liz Watson and telephone number to pre book equipment is 99744936

If you go into the UKCA Web Site scroll down to bottom of the page and click on "Welfare" (far right hand side) This gives one all the details plus cost of hire of various equipment - wheelchairs amongst them.

Hope this helps

Rita
Thanks for your info. Rita ,you have been a great help to me. Lefkes.
darrow

Post by darrow »

the anglican church also have aids to hire out.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You will find ( from my experience) that to hire from the shops is quite expensive... Check the prices out before committing

Trev..
Trev..