Problems Registering

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Problems Registering

Post by Dominic »

Some of you have been having problems registering.

The problem is not your fault.

The problem is to do with the age of the paphoslife.com domain. Some domains (like btinternet.com) treat new domains as likely sources of spam, so are blocking the verification email.

Without the verification email, you cannot complete registration.

A quick solution will be to route the mail through gmail. I am testing this as we speak, so if you are trying to register and cannot, please bear with me.

If anybody with a btinternet.com wants to help test, please email admin@paphoslife.com. I will get your email, even if I cannot reply to it.

If you have tried to register with any email and not received the verification email, please email me as well.

Thanks
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems Registering

Post by admin »

Well that test failed. I have reset it to the default mail again.

I have manually activated the accounts of everybody who didn't receive the email, so you should now be able to log on. I will continue looking for a proper fix.
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

I tried with my bt Internet address and didn't have much luck Dominic but my Gmail address worked immediately. 😊 Happy bunny.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am doing another test to try and sort out the mail delivery to certain domains. This will take about an hour, so please don't try and register in the next hour, as your verification email may not be received.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Right, this issue may be solved now.

When you register, it now takes about 5 minutes for the verification email to appear, because it gets routed through Google. Everybody should now be able to receive it though.

I have manually activated all the accounts that were waiting the email, so you should all now be able to log on.

If you still have issues, please email admin@paphoslife.com
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I just registered and the email came though instantly. Thanks for setting this up. Come and say hello in the Charity Shop in Polemi!

Cheers
ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes, it does appear to have got up to speed now.

I will pop in at some point. You have probably already met my Dad. He came to visit in November and was in your shop a couple of times. He likes rummaging around charity shops and was very impressed with yours.
jen

Post by jen »

I had trouble initially because of BT address, all seems fine now, many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

GMail have now stopped forwarding the mail, so I will return the settings to the previous settings. This means that btinternet.com emails will not get generated. However, I will be able to manually verify new users if needs be, so if you don't get a verification email, just email me at admin@paphoslife.com and I will be able to sort you out.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am trying a different email setting this morning. So if you have problems registering don't worry. I do see the pending requests in the back end, and manually verify them. So if you don't get the email, just try logging on anyway.
cloven

Post by cloven »

:D Hi, New to the Forum, Thanks Dominic for sorting out my E-mail Registration problem
Kato Paphos since 2008
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Technically I didn't. I just fudged it. :) The problem was the site was a victim of its own success. So many people registered in a short space of time that Google assumed the server was sending out spam. So I am in the process of finding another provider. The default one works for most email addresses but it would be nice to get one that works for everybody.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Fingers crossed, the email situation should be fixed now. It turns out that the SPF record in the DNS settings was +ing when it should have been ~ing.

So now we know.

Anyway, I will keep and eye on the registration queue but hopefully it will be ok now.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Hi , I recieved a confirming email that I am now registered but so long ago I forgot my password. I clicked forgotten link and was sent a very long one to my email address alison19@gmail.com. I managed to log in by copying and pasting this very long password link. However when it came to changing my password it kept telling me the very long link that I copied and pasted was wrong. Keeps coming up asking me to put current password in before I can change. Isn't the current password this very long link you sent? If not I have no idea what current password is? Hence I had clicked the forgotten password link. Help. Many Thanks Alison (Justme)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Justme wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:11 pm Hi , I recieved a confirming email that I am now registered but so long ago I forgot my password. I clicked forgotten link and was sent a very long one to my email address alison19@gmail.com. I managed to log in by copying and pasting this very long password link. However when it came to changing my password it kept telling me the very long link that I copied and pasted was wrong. Keeps coming up asking me to put current password in before I can change. Isn't the current password this very long link you sent? If not I have no idea what current password is? Hence I had clicked the forgotten password link. Help. Many Thanks Alison (Justme)
Can you make 3 more posts (just reply to this thread three times) and I will be able to send you a PM.