Brady

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Brady

Post by WHL »

Annamaria wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 am The appropriate cost of a basic cremation is
Around two grand so why split hairs when this scum bag had already cost the uk taxpayers millions
The problem now is what will happen to his ashes ?
I know mistakes have been made in the past
And miscarriages of justice have taken place
But I for one now have faith in our police force
/ justice system for all its shortcomings it's
The best in the world

And wasn't the Gillford 4 / Birmingham 6 back
In the 70s and 80s ?
Yo must be joking, for decades London's Met Police was one of the most corrupt Police forces in the World, it seems nothings changed... http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35394085
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

WHL wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 am
Annamaria wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 am The appropriate cost of a basic cremation is
Around two grand so why split hairs when this scum bag had already cost the uk taxpayers millions
The problem now is what will happen to his ashes ?
I know mistakes have been made in the past
And miscarriages of justice have taken place
But I for one now have faith in our police force
/ justice system for all its shortcomings it's
The best in the world

And wasn't the Gillford 4 / Birmingham 6 back
In the 70s and 80s ?
Yo must be joking, for decades London's Met Police was one of the most corrupt Police forces in the World, it seems nothings changed... http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35394085
Quite.

Check this out, rather than bury your head in the sand:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/west- ... 20219.html
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

WHL and DavidatLWH

Are you seriously suggesting that Brady and Hindley were miscarriages of justice? Try listening to the tape of of poor Leslie Ann Down (one of their child victims) as she was tortured and then defend those two.

Errors have certainly been made by the police and will no doubt do so again but at least they are investigated but to make sweeping generalised statements as you have done is not, in my opinion, appropriate to this post. For what it is worth I personally consider the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four were as guilty as hell.

Rita
Last edited by Rita Sherry on Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Rita Sherry wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm WHL and Davidat WHL

Are you seriously suggesting that Brady and Hindley were miscarriages of justice? Try listening to the tape of of poor Leslie Ann Down (one of their child victims) as she was tortured and then defend those two.

Errors have certainly been made by the police and will no doubt do so again but at least they are investigated but to make sweeping generalised statements as you have done is not, in my opinion, appropriate to this post. For what it is worth I personally consider the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four were as guilty as hell.

Rita
I think the references to 'miscarriages of justice' relate solely to the call for the return of the death penalty earlier in the thread.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Rita Sherry wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm WHL and Davidat LWH

Rita
WHL

Post by WHL »

Please read it again Rita...and see What I would of done to those two evil monsters.
Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

Yeah read it the case was abandoned?
But obviously you two think there's no smoke without fire. To be fair I am sure SOME police officers take bribes but I would think that these
Bribes come from gangsters and drug barons
Not the likes of Brady and the rest of the murdering pedos who probably don't have
Tuppence to their name!
So I dispute the comment that " I have my
Head in the sand"
In fact I class myself as a " realist "
But more and more in this pc world it's
seems as though I'm in the minority
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Annamaria wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm Yeah read it the case was abandoned?
But obviously you two think there's no smoke without fire. To be fair I am sure SOME police officers take bribes but I would think that these
Bribes come from gangsters and drug barons
Not the likes of Brady and the rest of the murdering pedos who probably don't have
Tuppence to their name!
So I dispute the comment that " I have my
Head in the sand"
In fact I class myself as a " realist "
But more and more in this pc world it's
seems as though I'm in the minority
Simple question.

Would you have been happy for the UK to have hanged Alexander Blackman...?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Nobody has even remotely implied that Brady and Hindley were miscarriages of justice.

All that has been implied, is that the police are still not squeaky clean.

And what has any of this got to do with political correctness???
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

The answer to that cyprusgrump is no.
If you reread my posts I am not suggesting that
every person convicted of murder should
face the death penalty.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Rita Sherry wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Rita
The entire purpose of relating to police miscarriages is to prove that if corporal punishment had been in place, many, many people would have lost their lives, unnecessarily.

As to the Guildford and Birmingham cases, if you examine the fact that even families of victims have realised that miscarriages took place..... what makes it even worse, is that NO police officer was ever reprimanded, despite PROOF that they lied and extorted/tortured so-called admissions. In fact, the officers were promoted. I'd ask you to read into these cases, rather than presume. No doubt others should have been held to account and that's a travesty.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Annamaria wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:07 pm The answer to that cyprusgrump is no.
If you reread my posts I am not suggesting that
every person convicted of murder should
face the death penalty.
But how would you draw a line between 'murder - life in prison' and 'murder - death penalty'...?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgward wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Rita
The entire purpose of relating to police miscarriages is to prove that if corporal punishment had been in place, many, many people would have lost their lives, unnecessarily.

As to the Guildford and Birmingham cases, if you examine the fact that even families of victims have realised that miscarriages took place..... what makes it even worse, is that NO police officer was ever reprimanded, despite PROOF that they lied and extorted/tortured so-called admissions. In fact, the officers were promoted. I'd ask you to read into these cases, rather than presume. No doubt others should have been held to account and that's a travesty.
Good Post, but in evil-cases, such as the Brady/Hindley I believe theres a place for exterminating the vermin.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Jimgward wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Rita

Jimgward

And if you read mine you will see I was and am against State Executions but believe life should mean life in cases of deliberate murder. I dont need to read up on the cases you refer to I was to a degree involved and that is all I am saying.

Rita
WHL

Post by WHL »

Rita Sherry wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:22 pm
Rita Sherry wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm WHL and Davidat LWH

Rita
Can you tell us what you base that on??
Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

Cyprusgrump I would use my common sense
As I'm sure highly experienced judges would
Do !
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Annamaria wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 pm Cyprusgrump I would use my common sense
Do !
So, we'd allow a judge to decide on the mental state, motivation, etc. of somebody convicted of murder and decide if they should live or die...? :shock:

And if they got it wrong and more evidence came to light after the trial (as in the case of Alexander Blackman), we should just shrug our shoulders and accept that it was tough luck for him...?

No thanks. :o
Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

In a nutshell yes after all that's what judges do
And do you accept that there is somewhat
Of a difference between Brady and Blackman ?
Brady's was a prime candidate for the death penalty was he not ?
But no the do gooders decided that it was
Better to spend millions trying to reabilitat
The nutter fat lot of good that did ...
I rest my case
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Annamaria wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 pm In a nutshell yes after all that's what judges do
And do you accept that there is somewhat
Of a difference between Brady and Blackman ?
Brady's was a prime candidate for the death penalty was he not ?
But no the do gooders decided that it was
Better to spend millions trying to reabilitat
The nutter fat lot of good that did ...
I rest my case
I have to say, it isn't a brilliant case to rest on...

Blackman was convicted of murder and could (in your ideal world) now be dead based on the arbitrary decision of a judge - as it is he is a free man.

Brady wasn't kept alive by 'do gooders', the law had changed by the time he was convicted.

What if Brady had been apprehended after the first killing...? Would he still qualify for death or would he be a 'lifer' at taxpayer's expense?

What if you have a judge who is known to favour the death penalty compared to another who is not? Would it be reasonable to put somebody to death because they happened to get the 'wrong' judge...?

Do you honestly think it would be better to save a few million Pounds (which the government will waste anyway) keeping somebody in prison for life than taking the life of somebody who may later have been found innocent?

NOTE: i am not saying that Brady was innocent but miscarriages of justice happen all the time - and once you are dead an apology or compo for your relatives doesn't change that.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Annamaria wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 pm Cyprusgrump I would use my common sense
Do !
And yet, miscarriages of justice still occur.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.