Any Guinness drinkers experiencing supply problems?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
fishbeardsunset

Any Guinness drinkers experiencing supply problems?

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Hi Everyone. I have noticed it is becoming increasingly problematic to buy cans of Guinness. They used to have them in Philippos but became scarce leading up to Xmas and thereafter. None in Paps in Paphos and I have only seen them in Alphamega, Paphos (but unfortunately not very helpful as I live miles away in Peyia and do not drive!)

Anyone know what the problem is? (supply chain ?)

Thanks - (thirsty of Peyia :cry:)
WHL

Re: Any Guinness drinkers experiencing supply problems?

Post by WHL »

Plenty of Guinness in the supermarkets east side
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

managed to get some at alphamega could let you have 8 until I resupply (am in Peyia just above Savvas)
Andy Spencer
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just out of curiosity what are you paying? Buy mine from a supermarket, up to last week I was paying 1.15 e a tin, now 1.26e
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Recently cans of Guinness and Strongbow in some places not available but managed to get from some supermarkets in Paphos area
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

paid 6.29 € for pack of 4
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

andytspencer wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:01 pm managed to get some at alphamega could let you have 8 until I resupply (am in Peyia just above Savvas)
Andy Spencer
What a nice post. There are still some lovely people living in this world. ❤

Maggie B
June

Post by June »

andytspencer wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:01 pm managed to get some at alphamega could let you have 8 until I resupply (am in Peyia just above Savvas)
Andy Spencer
That's really kind.
fishbeardsunset

Andy Spencer
Hi, That's really kind of you- Andy but I don't want to impose upon your generosity as it's not such as critical issue for me- just wanted to see what other people were experiencing- as obviously there is a supply problem. I used to pay €1.29 a can in Philippos which then went up slightly to €1.39 a can and I note it's about €1.57 in AlphaMega. Never understood why they supply their cans in such small sizes 440ml per can or (roughly 0.75 of a pint!)

I'm out and about in Paphos tomorrow, so will explore some of the the other outlets that I have not been to 8-)
Thanks again :D
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

The only information I found is that the cans and the manufacturing of them has been a problem which started around October last year.

It didn't give a great deal of detail but the materials have become difficult to get hold of, the articles were in newspapers online and full of pop up advertising and videos, so I sacked looking any further.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

Wouldn't you believe it, after posting, plenty in the east, went to my usual supermarket today , and not a tin of the black stuff to be found :shock:
fishbeardsunset

WHL wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:16 pm Wouldn't you believe it, after posting, plenty in the east, went to my usual supermarket today , and not a tin of the black stuff to be found :shock:
Hi there could you be more specific regarding the actual supermarket you refer to "in the east," as I am doing the rounds today and it would be useful to know about this one anyway

Thanks
WHL

Post by WHL »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:22 am
WHL wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:16 pm Wouldn't you believe it, after posting, plenty in the east, went to my usual supermarket today , and not a tin of the black stuff to be found :shock:
Hi there could you be more specific regarding the actual supermarket you refer to "in the east," as I am doing the rounds today and it would be useful to know about this one anyway

Thanks
Sorry not to be clear , Im talking about the East of the Island, Larnaca,
Paul

Post by Paul »

Cycleban has had no Guinness in weeks!
fishbeardsunset

Still only Alpha Mega- in Paphos, just up from the Mall, have them - I must ask where they source their deliveries from as nobody else seems to have any apart unless you count the Pubs on draught at 5 euros a pint!!! (about £4.16, but then you do get nearly a full pint):D (500ml I believe..... gosh I'm thirsty :o
WHL

Post by WHL »

Im wondering if Brexit, has caused problems?, extra duty etc, maybe not enough profit for the distributors to bring over?
souniman

Post by souniman »

SHould not be a Brexit issue as Guiness come from Dublin
WHL

Post by WHL »

souniman wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:03 pm SHould not be a Brexit issue as Guiness come from Dublin
GUINNESS is brewed in 49 countries worldwide and sold in over 150. Guinness owns 5 breweries in 5 countries around the world. These are in: Ireland (Dublin), Malaysia, and three in Africa - Nigeria, Ghana, and Cameroon.,
but Cyprus wholesaler's don't always buy and import it direct from Dublin.
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

but the cans say distributed from London
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So, WHL is correct. " Cyprus wholesalers don't always buy and import it direct from Dublin. "
Trev..