Cyta Fibre Optic

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Cyta Fibre Optic

Post by WHL »

Has anyone had Cyta convert their internet to Fibre optic, had ours done, no extra cost and the internet speed has gone from 30 to 200 happy days.
sueb

Re: Cyta Fibre Optic

Post by sueb »

Thanks for info.
Where are you.
Had been told by Cyta this would be happening this year. No date given.
Happy to be back on the Island!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Larnaca, if you go on to the CYTA site, you can enter your post code, and they will tell you when your area is due for the upgrade.
memory man

Post by memory man »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:40 pm Larnaca, if you go on to the CYTA site, you can enter your post code, and they will tell you when your area is due for the upgrade.
I've gone on to CYTA site and entered details.

It gives me a date of "early 2024" - Peyia. :(
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Ive just signed up for mine today in Universal area.
checked my box at the side of the house and they have already pulled the cable thru to the house, prior to me even enquiring.
Im getting the 100mb for the same price as the 10mb connection, really good value and a no brainer really
CyprusSue

Post by CyprusSue »

I had a call from CYTA a few weeks ago, to let me know I'd be receiving the new fibre optic broadband at no extra charge from 30mb to 200mb in May. I'm in Universal. Fabulous!
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Cyta are currently laying FO cabling on the main Konia road however when I checked when FO upgrade would be available they gave a date of late 2023.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Did a speed test yesterday, 210, but be very careful, the wires are very very thin, and it wouldn't take much, to damage them.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Cyta 5G mobile data, I have been getting in region of 160 down and 44 up of late, so looks like they are splitting 200Mbps up.
From 1 April Cyta Red mobile users are getting a great upgrade called Freedom plus Unlimited calltime, unlimited SMS and unlimited mobiledata.