BOC Mesogi Avenue now closed

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
tonee

BOC Mesogi Avenue now closed

Post by tonee »

Bank of Cyprus,just down from Lidl closed,cashpoint gone....finito
trevnhil

Re: BOC Mesogi Avenue now closed

Post by trevnhil »

I saw them taking the signs down last week
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I was at my Osteopath yesterday who was very worried at the slow speed of the roadworks on Ellados Ave. He said that a further part of the road heading down towards Papa's is likely to be closed soon.He and no doubt other owners of businesses are trying to find out just what is being planned and very importantly when. They have at present had no information. But a lot of shops are having to either close or move elsewhere. It's not a good situation for them, or for the general public trying to use this important road to get into town. He will be badly affected as a number of his patients need wheelchair or at least an easy access for treatment.
Dee
Paul

Post by Paul »

The cash machine is gone from the Hellenic bank in Stroumpi to.

Now I have to drive into Paphos when I need some cash.

Paul
WHL

Post by WHL »

Its the way of the World now, internet banking will replace most Banks in the future,
ast

Post by ast »

Correct it is the way of the world and in this age of technology the need to visit a bank branch are fewer than ever, I can safely say I don't need to go at all in the foreseeable future. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
lotus

Post by lotus »

I always go to Polis now,distance wise bout the same and you have the BOC,electric board ,CYTA,Paps etc all within 5 minutes walk when you have parked up,it's a far nicer drive to Polis than dragging down into Paphos and plenty of places to grab a bite to eat!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:15 am Its the way of the World now, internet banking will replace most Banks in the future,
You still need cashpoints though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Yes Dominic I agree,and not everybody does Internet banking,and sometimes you need a face to face meeting at the bank
WHL

Post by WHL »

lotus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:13 pm Yes Dominic I agree,and not everybody does Internet banking,and sometimes you need a face to face meeting at the bank
You will probably end up with a main branch in each Town where there will be a manager to talk to.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:08 pm
WHL wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:15 am Its the way of the World now, internet banking will replace most Banks in the future,
You still need cashpoints though.
Agreed, when I was in the UK recently my branch has replaced the staff with a row of ATMs, and only one person to help thickos like me who make a balls up of it. the same when I went into a very big branch in Oxford street, row after row of machines with one lady there to help.