The Blustery Day

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

The Blustery Day

Post by Dominic »

We've had a lot of stormy weather recently. On sunday we visited Limni Pier, on the north coast of the Paphos district of Cyprus, to see what the sea was doing. As you can see, they were quite angry, but what really got me was the biting wind. This is a little Walkie Talkie film I made where I walk up the pier and get battered about by the wind. I did take some slomo footage too, but I wasn't that impressed with it, as I wasn't close enough to the action to benefit from the effect. So enjoy this for what it is, and forgive the sound quality. The wind was very strong indeed!

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Re: The Blustery Day

Post by Kili01 »

I went to Paphos Harbour yesterday,Sunday am. The seas were impressive. Rollers crashing in towards the sea front. I wanted to take some photos, but all available parking had gone..
I parked in the big car park as usual. But when I left my car, a gust of wind hit me at what felt like over 80mph. This nearly knocked me off my feet, so sadly I decided not to try to take photos!
Later, in the afternoon, I took a walk along the coastal path at Chloraka. The wind still v strong and with gusts, was whipping up the waves. I managed to get a few good photos of an angry sea. But, wasn't sure how to post one on this forum.

Dee
staffie

Re: The Blustery Day

Post by staffie »

Don't blame you for not walking any further than you did as I presume not many lifeguards on duty to assist you out. :lol: