Frost tonight?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Frost tonight?

Post by Devil »

Where we are may not be the same as where you are but, nevertheless, have a look at my forecast for tonight and tomorrow night:

Tonight: Clear. Low -3°C. Wind chill ranging from -6 to -2. Wind north-northeast around 5 m/s, gusting to 10 m/s, in the evening, becoming west-northwest around 3 m/s after midnight.

Thursday night: Clear, with scattered light frost possible. Low -2°C. Wind west-northwest around 1 m/s.

If this forecast holds, as will probably happen, then we are in for a chilly night and I think that this will apply to the whole of Cyprus with the wind blowing hard from the Anatolian mountains. As an approximation, to interpret these figures, add +1° to +1.5° C to bring it down to sea level and add the same again in coastal areas. Notwithstanding, even if there is no frost where you are, it will still be pretty chilly.

I'll be interested to see the effect of my new house insulation in conditions of low temperature and high wind.
lotus

Re: Frost tonight?

Post by lotus »

We've had three frosts in the morning over the last week or so,even had to use de icer on the car,always cover the solar panels at night as well just in case
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

lotus wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:05 pm We've had three frosts in the morning over the last week or so,even had to use de icer on the car,always cover the solar panels at night as well just in case
At what altitude?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Sea level Choulou = ca 320 m

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Thanks for the heads up Devil. Without you none of us would know it was bloody cold at the moment.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have had the heating on 3 times today where usually it would be twice. But it is a nice 21.5c in the lounge at the moment ..
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Just spoken to my friend in Kathikas, it's snowing there.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Note to myself. Don't visit Paphos at this time of year & God forbid WFA is mentioned in this topic :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

There was no frost in my area (sea level 445 m), however the lowest temp was was quite low with 1.5c all night til 7.30 AM .

Max
lotus

Post by lotus »

Bad frost here again,scraping ice off the car at 8 this morning
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The temperature did not go down to the expected negative figures last night, where I am. The cold front over Turkey passed a little bit faster than calculated. In fact it bottomed at 0.2° C, here, which is a little chilly by my standards. It'll be chilly again tonight but perhaps a little warmer, increasing over the weekend when we can expect some rain and possibly snow in the mountains.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Living in Cyprus its either Hot or Cold, end of story. it will be the same next year folks.