Coronavirus: Six per cent of hospitalised have received booster

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Coronavirus: Six per cent of hospitalised have received booster

Post by Paphos Life »

Six per cent of hospitalised coronavirus patients have received the booster shot and contracted the virus two weeks or more after its administration, the health ministry said on Tuesday.According to the ministry???s data, which record hospitalisations up to Monday, those patients are over the age of 62....

Read the article and chat about it below...
jeba

Re: Coronavirus: Six per cent of hospitalised have received booster

Post by jeba »

From the article:
The data for coronavirus hospitalisations compared to vaccinations was published as part of the ministry’s efforts “to enhance transparency and proper information of citizens”.
These efforts leave a lot to be desired. E.g. you can´t properly assess that information without knowing the percentage of the population who already received a booster and without knowing whether those in hospital are there because of covid or for some unrelated disease/accident.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This statement serves one purpose: to address the claim that when the government use “unvaccinated” in their figures, they mean everybody who hasn’t had a booster. This clearly is not the case.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The way I read it, 6% in hospital have had the booster, 94% haven't.
staffie

Post by staffie »

do you always believe what is published, nobody hardly believes (certain reasons) a chap in the pub, so why should we always believe the media here.
plenty of fake news about, a certain British paper was quite unreliable for news.
how long is this trash (covid) going to carry on for, most people passing on as we hear on cyprus radio here are quite old and what's happened to people dying of newmonia, like in the past, no figures their then, probably get covid lastly because their immune system is low, before they pass on, then reason for death is covid.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

WHL wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:18 am The way I read it, 6% in hospital have had the booster, 94% haven't.
No, if you read the article, the stats are as follows:

Unvaccinated: 78%
Vaccinated without booster: 15%
Vaccinated with booster: 7%

The 6% is people who had the booster more than 2 weeks ago. The 1% is people who have had the booster less than 2 weeks ago. Why they decided to split those figures I don't know. The key point is that when they have been saying in reports "75% are unvaccinated" they mean without any vaccination. Certain sections (twats down the pub) had been trying to claim that unvaccinated meant anybody who hadn't had a booster. This is not the case.

Now that this has been pointed out to them they are spluttering "yeah but not but" and coming up with some other nonsense that their mate's Mum's friend told them she saw on GB News.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.