TV recomendation

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

TV recomendation

Post by WHL »

For all you Harlan Coben fans, his new series Stay close, doesn't disappoint, twists and turns as per usual
aphrodite

Re: TV recomendation

Post by aphrodite »

WHL wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 pm For all you Harlan Coben fans, his new series Stay close, doesn't disappoint, twists and turns as per usual
I binge watched it recently, initially because both Richard Armitage and James Nesbitt star. I would also recommend, good plot :)
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

I'm currently binging the Money Heist on Netflix.
It's a Spanish drama, but is dubbed into English, only subtitles are to explain newspaper headlines or building names.

For those who have seen it, it reminded me a bit of Prison Break (which if you haven't watched, you should).
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Started watching Money Heist and loved it , but read there was 41 episodes and still more to come which put me off..I find many of these series go on to long and introduce more diluted down episodes. The first example was “ Lost “ a brilliant concept which became bizarre and unbelievable.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Reesy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:31 am Started watching Money Heist and loved it , but read there was 41 episodes and still more to come which put me off..I find many of these series go on to long and introduce more diluted down episodes. The first example was “ Lost “ a brilliant concept which became bizarre and unbelievable.
I feel the same about seemingly never ending episodes, Lost is a great example, but at the moment there's 5 series of Money Heist and, although the story line does get a bit tired, it's still worth the watching.

I mentioned Prison Break earlier, again 5 series but I wouldn't recommend watching beyond the end of series three as the main character does a Bobby Ewing (Dallas) style come back.

First three series are fantastic though.
kansas

Post by kansas »

We've been watching Inspector George Gently over the last couple of weeks. Martin Shaw and Lee Ingleby are very good together. Lots of episodes but each one is like a mini movie. Good entertainment.....
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just watched a corker of a BBC series, Showtrial, brilliant writing and acting
JimX

Post by JimX »

''The Tourist'' excellent series, on most Mag units....

Jim.
kansas

Post by kansas »

These posts for TV recommendations are great. We've found several good series, thanks.

For several years now we've been watching - Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Med. Also Law and Order SVU. For those who like hospital dramas there's New Amsterdam, The Resident, The Good Doctor.
KandK

Post by KandK »

Ozark Season 4 released on Netflix yesterday.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

"The Responder" is good viewing also
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Responder, Martin Freeman if there's a better actor out there, I haven't seen him.