Safe pass

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Safe pass

Post by WHL »

Went into Lidls and Alpha mega, and both wanted to see ID as well as the pass, apparently this is a government order to prevent people using others passes
PolemIan

Re: Safe pass

Post by PolemIan »

This was announced earlier this week from Government meeting on 5 January and in part of Press Office email I received earlier today”

“ as of 6 January 2022, the presentation of proof of identification is mandatory during the Safe pass check in the places where required; the authorized employees and/or managers of premises/businesses shall carry out the identification check.

• Proof of identification (identity card, passport).”

Ian
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I must admit that my experience of going into shops has been quite perfunctory. In almost every case, I have simply shown the outside of the vaccination certificate without opening it and nothing else. This is applied to supermarkets, department stores and small shops. The single exception was at Lidl, where I opened the vaccination certificate but there was no request for an ID to validate it. I would guess that I have not had a single full check of about 20 entries into retail commerces. The whole thing is a farce! :-(
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:10 am I must admit that my experience of going into shops has been quite perfunctory. In almost every case, I have simply shown the outside of the vaccination certificate without opening it and nothing else. This is applied to supermarkets, department stores and small shops. The single exception was at Lidl, where I opened the vaccination certificate but there was no request for an ID to validate it. I would guess that I have not had a single full check of about 20 entries into retail commerces. The whole thing is a farce! :-(
Showing an ID came into force on friday, this morning as I waited to go into Alpha Mega, there was a old boy in front of me, and when he was asked for ID he got a bit shirty, and in a loud voice was telling everyone '' I thought this was a free country '' etc etc etc , long story short, he was not allowed in.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yesterday the lady doing the checking at Smart asked me for a 'photograph' I assumed it was I D she wanted and showed her my I D card
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Wensbry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:14 am A local restaurant here in Peyia scanned a safe pass and the waitress was suspicious, so she asked the English lady how old she was, she replied I’m 33. The waitress then said I’m sorry you can’t come in as according to this pass you should be 46.

This proves two things. ID is necessary and some people aren’t as clever as they think they are lol
ha ha ha Well done waitress ! :lol:
Louise :)
jeba

Post by jeba »

Is your " safe pass" still accepted if your second vaccination was more than 6 months ago and you haven't been boostered yet?
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Previously you were eligable for your 3rd booster after 6 months with your safe pass valid for 7 months to give you time to get jabbed. It is now reduced to 5.5 months to get the booster but not sure if the 7 months still applies
memory man

Post by memory man »

As far as ID is concerned, what do the members carry with them to show.

eg. Passport, Yellow slip, Driving Licence or ID card!!!!

I'm not to keen on carrying my passport.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I just use my (out of date) ID card, but I do have my driving licence with me as well
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

bmwx5 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:57 amnot sure if the 7 months still applies
I'll find out tomorrow. My second vaccination will be 7 months + 1 day tomorrow and my booster isn't on record in my covpass app, because I received it in Germany (seemingly the app can't handle "cross-country" vaccinations).
Paul

Post by Paul »

This has come about because some people have been sharing there safe pass with others who have not been vaccinated.

And with no photo on the safe pass it could be any ones safe pass.

A photo ID can stop this!!
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I show the safe pass and my driving licence.
All things are possible