Free test kit

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Free test kit

Post by Lincoln »

I called into my local Pharmacy today and got the pack of five RAT kits. Just had to show my safe pass and yellow slip. Free pack given. Instructions inside are in both English and Cypriot. I decided to try it out. Follow instructions. It was easy and quick. Negative result.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Re: Free test kit

Post by trevnhil »

I too got the Covid testing kit today from a Pharmacy. The instructions are in English and seem easy to follow. They were free and I just presented my Gesy card from my doctor..
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Anyone seen the list of pharmacies in Paphos you can collect the free test kits from if not in GESY
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

People who are fully vaccinated but are not Gesy beneficiaries may get their self-test kits daily between 10.30 am and 1pm from the following places:
Paphos – Motherhood centre, Paphos general hospital
https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/12/20/coro ... m-tuesday/
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

galexinda wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:13 pm People who are fully vaccinated but are not Gesy beneficiaries may get their self-test kits daily between 10.30 am and 1pm from the following places:
Paphos – Motherhood centre, Paphos general hospital
https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/12/20/coro ... m-tuesday/
Has anyone not in Gesy actually got the free kits from the General? We went last Wednesday and there hadn't got any.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

According to Knews reports the Issue of free test kits is delayed by a week to ensure they can detect all variants of vivid.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

bmwx5 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:54 am According to Knews reports the Issue of free test kits is delayed by a week to ensure they can detect all variants of vivid.
BMWX5, That may be old news, this from the Press Office on behalf of MoH on 13/12;

“ Regarding the decision of the Council of Ministers to provide citizens with self-tests as of 13 December, the Ministry of Health informs that self-tests will be available free of charge in pharmacies as of December 20th, and that a pack of five self-tests will be provided to each person who has completed his/her vaccination scheme.

It is noted that the delay is due to the fact that the Ministry of Health has taken the necessary steps to ensure that the self-tests that would be received in Cyprus would detect all mutations, including “Omicron”. Self-tests will be available from pharmacies, which are contracted with the General Healthcare System, upon presentation of proof of identification beneficiaries. Beneficiaries are individuals who have completed their vaccination scheme. Individuals who have completed their vaccination scheme in Cyprus and are not beneficiaries of the General Healthcare System will be able to receive the self-tests from various points to be announced in each District. More information will be given in the following days regarding the use and disposal of self-tests.”

This was followed up by a further announcement on 21/12 confirming that tests would be available from that date, so logically, the boxes we picked up last week will detect the omicron variant.

Ian
daveg

Post by daveg »

Went to our local pharmacist, picked up 2 LatFlow kits today, just had to stated dob and ID no' s ...easy peasy...., And of course no charge....
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I got my free test kit from our local Pharmacy in Chloraka last week.
I have done a couple of self tests over Christmas when I was mixing with a lot of others during a hotel stay. Both tests were neg. l knew that the Govt testing service were testing today in Chloraka, so went along.It was very well organised. Am glad to say that I was still negative. The only reason for frequent testing, is due to the super spread of Omicrom... and the fact that I am living as normal a life as possible. Yesterday I needed to visit the Mall. I am also now wearing an FFP 2 NR mask when necessary.

Hope that others are also testing regularly.

Dee