Clarifications about the new measures to contain Covid-19

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Clarifications about the new measures to contain Covid-19

Post by Paphos Life »

The Government have issued the following clarifications to the latest measures announced yesterday to combat COVID.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Jimgward

Re: Clarifications about the new measures to contain Covid-19

Post by Jimgward »

665F7F94-56BD-4D28-BCC8-0C18CAEBF487.jpeg
665F7F94-56BD-4D28-BCC8-0C18CAEBF487.jpeg (125.22 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

This appeared on one of my social feeds this morning - perhaps it’s been doing the rounds for a while?! I didn’t want to start another Covid thread so I’ve put it here as it was the first relevant(ish) I came across.

I'm double vaccinated and boosted. No, I don't know "what's in it". Neither this vaccine or the ones I had as a child. Nor do I know what's in the 11 secret herbs and spices at KFC.
I also don't know exactly what's in Ibuprofen or Tylenol - they just cure my headaches & my pains.
I don't know what's in tattoo ink, botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap, shampoo or deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use, or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
There's a lot of things I don't know.
I do know one thing: life is short. Very short. And I, personally, still want to do things. I want to travel and hug people without fear, and find a little feeling of life "before".
Throughout my life I've been vaccinated against many diseases. Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, chickenpox, hepatitis, pneumonia, influenza, rotavirus, tetanus, pertussis. My parents (and I) trusted the science, and never had to suffer through or transmit any of those said diseases.
I'm vaccinated. Not to please the government. Not to make other people do it. But I don't want to:
* die from COVID-19 variants
* clutter a hospital bed if I get sick
* not be able to hug my loved ones
* live my life in fear
Can't say it any clearer
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Yes, always seems a bit of a contradiction when you see the tatooed anti-vaxxers standing around having a fag !!!!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes. All the above points are true. My Mother had sll her children vaccinated against all the once common infections. Since then I've also had a few more, typhoid, paratyphoid. Cholera, various types of hepatitis and soon.. Like Aquilla, we took the advice of our family doctor, or the health advice for countries we have lived in or traveled to.
Official statistics here, usually published daily, of the numbers of Covid cases, always state the number of people in hospital. Current figures say that around 76%, of allthese seri
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just wish there was more emphasis on face mask wearing, social distancing and hand hygiene - not just about whether a person is vaccinated or not.
My breathing/allergy problems have decreased dramatically in the past 15-18 months and I put it down to a combination of the above factors.

I see Greece is imposing new measures from 3rd January:
https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/new ... y-3rd-2022
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:42 am What is right and what is wrong? With a virus which is common throughout the world, why isn't there consistency?
A large part of the perceived inconsistency can be explained by differences in risk tolerance and what price for risk reduction governments and economies are able and prepared to pay. Another factor is that the situations, are therefore levels of risk, in different regions/countries are different. E.g. it makes a difference to the level of risk whether 5% or 0.05% of the population are contagious.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We still decontaminate all coins,bank notes, all shopping and constantly wipe our hands with wipes. The shopping trolley is also wiped before use. We wear a mask all the time when out of the house. We shall continue this way into the future. I am triple vaccinated and still believe that vaccinated people can spread the Virus.
All things are possible