New Pre Departure Testing for Travel to U.K.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PolemIan

Re: New Pre Departure Testing for Travel to U.K.

Post by PolemIan »

We seem to be going round in circles on this one and reading bits of Cy documentation in isolatiom
N which makes them look contradictory. So I’ve just checked with the Cyprus Covid helpline, 1474 for those who aren’t aware, the call was answered promptly and answered every clearly. Almost word for word the response was:

“The Cyprus government currently requires all arriving passengers to take a test on arrival at a personal cost of €15 and stay isolated until a negative result is confirmed. The Cyprus government makes no requirement for a passenger travelling from the U.K., who has completed both doses of vaccine, to have a test prior to travelling. However, individual airlines may make such a requirement and passengers should check with their airlines before travelling”.

Ian
dodo

Post by dodo »

Entry requirements for vaccinated travellers
Travellers aged 12 and above must take a PCR test on arrival at the airport in Cyprus. The cost of the test (€15) is borne by the passenger. You must self-isolate in your accommodation until the result is available. You will also need to obtain a Cyprus flight pass. (See ‘Demonstrating your COVID-19 status’)

Entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers
Passengers coming from Red Category countries who have not completed their COVID-19 vaccination programmes must undergo a PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure and provide proof of a negative result. You must then undergo another PCR test upon arrival at the airport in Cyprus. Test results should be available within three hours through the online platform. The cost of both tests is borne by the passenger.

Results from the PCR test taken before travel can be in the form of an email or SMS, but the result itself and/or appointment letter must include the date and time when the test was taken. You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

RLK,
If you read more widely, the Govt. (UK.Gov latest email), you will see that as Cyprus has put the UK on its RED List of countries, those flying from UK to Cyprus must follow the rules. A PCR test within 72(or 48) hrs before leaving the UK,plus filling in and sending off the application for a Cyprus Flight Pass. Cyprus will then test again all those arriving at Paphos Airport.
You must read the requirements for travel carefully, and comply with them, before arrival at the departure airport.
You may also find the UK has also increased its checks on travelers returning to the UK as well.
Dee
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

RLK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:05 pm
It really can’t be any clearer.
It really could be a great deal clearer.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Dee, the U.K. has been on the Cyprus Red list for ages, since early July - have a look at the risk assessments and country categorisations that PIO issue on a regular basis. It’s on the ‘Important Announcements’ and ‘Press Releases’ sections of their web page.

As per my post last night, please help us all and post the link, or the text from the email you’ve got that says people must have a PCR before travelling to Cyprus from U.K. even if vaccinated. The requirement for a PCR test prior to departure if travelling to Cyprus from the U.K. if UNVACCINATED, has been in place for months and months.

Thank you.

Ian

Ian
RLK

Post by RLK »

Dee, someone is giving you misleading information or you are not fully understanding it.
Only unvaccinated travellers to Cyprus need a test before departure.
The link I posted is the official Cyprus government entry protocols. They are the rules you should follow if you want to enter Cyprus.here it is again https://www.visitcyprus.com/files/Covid ... 281%29.pdf

No test is required before travelling to Cyprus if you are fully jabbed with an approved vaccine regardless of the country travelling from. This came into effect back in June and has not changed.
The only change is that from December 6th All passengers will be tested on arrival.

The UK brought in the requirement for all arriving passengers to have a pre departure test starting from 4am yesterday.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I told you to look at the (UK) Gov.UK travel emails which are continually being updated as both the UK and Cyprus health requirements are changing.
Both the Cyprus and the UK Gov health requirements are confusing and are being updated continuously as both Govt's are very concerned about the fast transmission of the Omicom virus.
Whether you bother is up to you, but if you want to board your aircraft to get to Cyprus and to get back, you are advised to keep checking. Incidentally, the tourist website probably isn't being updated regularly..
Remember the UK is a Red listed country as far as Cyprus is concerned, and thus the rules are stricter.

Dee
sued51

Post by sued51 »

My partner flew home from Edinburgh last night and had no problems obtaining a Cyprus Flight Pass giving his usual vaccine info, this said a pcr test was only necessary for UNVACCINATED travellers, he had a test on arrival at PFO at a cost of €19 and received a negative result about 3 hours later. I am checking to see if anything changes before next week when I fly home but have no intention of having a pcr test in the UK if I don’t need to
RLK

Post by RLK »

Dee the CTO link was updated on 6th December. It is the same link that the Cyprus flight pass give. This is updated sooner than the uk government site. If you want to visit Cyprus you should follow the Cyprus government advice here. https://www.visitcyprus.com/files/Covid ... 281%29.pdf

My point is, fully vaccinated passengers do not need a test before travelling to Cyprus. Why don’t you put a link to where it says they do? I won’t hold my breath. 😁
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

From the UK Government Website
The UK entered Cyprus’ Red category on 8 July.

Entry requirements for vaccinated travellers
Travellers aged 12 and above must take a PCR test on arrival at the airport in Cyprus. The cost of the test (€15) is borne by the passenger. You must self-isolate in your accommodation until the result is available. You will also need to obtain a Cyprus flight pass. (See ‘Demonstrating your COVID-19 status’)

Entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers
Passengers coming from Red Category countries who have not completed their COVID-19 vaccination programmes must undergo a PCR test within 72 hours prior to departure and provide proof of a negative result. You must then undergo another PCR test upon arrival at the airport in Cyprus. Test results should be available within three hours through the online platform. The cost of both tests is borne by the passenger.
It's on the Entry Requirements page which can be reached from the Summary page here:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/cyprus
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:34 pm I told you to look at the (UK) Gov.UK travel emails which are continually being updated as both the UK and Cyprus health requirements are changing.
Both the Cyprus and the UK Gov health requirements are confusing and are being updated continuously as both Govt's are very concerned about the fast transmission of the Omicom virus.
Whether you bother is up to you, but if you want to board your aircraft to get to Cyprus and to get back, you are advised to keep checking. Incidentally, the tourist website probably isn't being updated regularly..
Remember the UK is a Red listed country as far as Cyprus is concerned, and thus the rules are stricter.

Dee
Dee,

I’ll ask you again, we can’t look at at emails that you are getting but are not in the Gov U.K. email updates I’m subscribed to for every policy change that is made to the Gov U.K. online travel advice, so please copy and paste what you are receiving to support what you are telling us.

Thank you

Ian