Party Time … the drinks are on us

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Party Time … the drinks are on us

Post by MacManiac »

A very merry time this Christmas as Ann and I have the grand total of €23,42 to lavish on whatever we want. Every year we forget about the Christmas bonus. What an anachronism in 2021?
MacManiac

Re: Party Time … the drinks are on us

Post by MacManiac »

How ridiculous to pay such a silly amount. We have donated the money to our local hospice. How much must it cost to administer?
lotus

Post by lotus »

Don't complain,there's a lot of pensioners who are very grateful for that money at this time of year,
Paul

Post by Paul »

How ridiculous to pay such a silly amount.

When my mother first got he pension she only got 5p a week!

She is 94 now and is getting the full state pension now.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

lotus wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:22 am Don't complain,there's a lot of pensioners who are very grateful for that money at this time of year,
I’m not complaining. If pensioners need this money then just add it to the State Pension, and avoid the cost of the administration. It was the same situation with the Winter Fuel Allowance - more cost and administration. Either add it to the pension, abolish it or (horror of horrors) index-link it.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Every little helps - surprising the number of pensioners in Cyprus who live on UK state pension payments and/or have had their income reduced considerably when their spouse dies.

It was a blow to many when the winter fuel allowance was stopped in the EU for UK passport holders.
I believe UK passport holders are also no longer eligible for the Cyprus winter payment if they live above a certain height in Cyprus due to Brexit.

Must admit I am in favour of additional 'benefits' such as the Winter Fuel Allowance being means tested.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I agree on the WFA being means tested ,used to know several wealthy Brits on massive pensions who used to treat themselves to a posh meal or something similar with it,not sure if it has been stopped now tho?
staffie

Post by staffie »

every year there is a moan about this, if you don't need it put it in a charity, or hand it to a migrant for a meal or three, when it stops no doubt more moans, move on.
memory man

Post by memory man »